Admin and Finance Assistant (project)
|Minimum Education Level:||University graduated|
|Position Title:||Admin and Finance Assistant (project)|
|Organization:||Hand in Hand Afghanistan Organization (HIHAO)|
|Duty Station:||Balkh province|
|Duration:||Project Base (05 months)|
|Salary Range:||Based on the organization salary scale|
|Announcing Date:||Feb 14, 2022|
|Closing Date:||Feb 20, 2022|
|Number of Position:||One|
|Job Type:||Full time|
|Shift:||7:30 AM – 04:30 PM|
|Experience:||Three years’ of work experience|
Hand in Hand Afghanistan Organization (HIHAO) is a not-for-profit organization based in Afghanistan. It started operations in 2007. HIHAO is part of the international Hand in Hand (HiH) network of independent organizations, working together towards a shared vision to alleviate poverty through job creation. HIHAO’s vision is an Afghanistan where all citizens have access to qualitative and comprehensive services, where their fundamental rights are met without discrimination of gender or ethnicity.
HIHAO has implemented projects funded by DFID, European Union, CAFOD, WFP, GIZ, USAID, World Bank, Danida, Sida, Hilti Foundation, UN OCHA and Hand in Hand International through its main office in Kabul and a regional office in Mazar-e-Sharif.
Hand in Hand Afghanistan is implementing the Provision of food assistance to food insecure and vulnerable households in Charbolak and Chemtal districts of Balkh province. It is a 5-month project funded by UN OCHA.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Project Assistant will work under the direct supervision of the Project Manager and will be responsible for the administration and financial tasks directly related to the project. The incumbent will be coordinating the cash distribution with the financial service provider in coordination with the project manager and admin finance manager.
- Manage the day to day administration and financial tasks directly related to the project under supervision of the project manager.
- Coordinate the cash distribution with the financial service provider in coordination with the project manager and admin finance manager.
- Oversee technically the process of cash distribution to ensure a transparent assistance process at the district level.
- Taking care of any Admin/Logistic/Finance issues related to the project with the cooperation of the Project Manager.
- Prepare the monthly staff attendance sheet/ timesheets for the project team.
- Maintain a confidential filing system for the data and reports related to the project.
- Assist the Project Manager in upholding regulations of procurement and financial regulations.
- Prepare required documents such as (requisition forms, bills, vouchers,) for any expenses related to the project.
- Share security updates with the project team and look for improvement of security measures of the project team advice accordingly.
- Maintain close communication and liaison with related staff in Balkh Head Office (Admin/HR/logistic/ finance/ MEAL).
- Maintain inventory of assets being used by the project team and ensure proper asset take care.
- Translation, interpretation, prepare and sharing meeting minutes of the project team.
- Perform any other task deemed necessary by the project manager.
- A university degree in Business Administration or Diploma in any related field of administration and finance.
- 3 years of work experience, experience in cash-based assistance projects will be preferred.
- Fluency in Dari, Pashto, and English.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, self-starter, and able to work independently.
- Good computer skills especially the Microsoft Office package, knowledge of IT would be an advantage.
- Demonstrate attention to detail and proven ability to follow procedures, complete tasks, meet deadlines, and work well under pressure in a cooperative, team-oriented environment.
- Knowledge of office administration and finance procedures.
Interested applicants should submit their application comprised of a one-page cover letter explaining their interest and suitability for the position along with an updated CV.
The application should send via email to: email@example.com and a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org, please note that applications received after the closing date (Feb 20, 2022) will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates whose application meets the above criteria will be contacted for an interview.
Note: Please clearly indicate the vacancy announcement number in the subject line of your email.