|Minimum Education Level:||University graduated from Agriculture and livestock or similar studies|
|Vacancy Number:||HIHAO 004/21|
|Position Title:||Poultry Trainer|
|Organization:||Hand in Hand Afghanistan Organization (HIHAO)|
|Duty Station:||Mazar Regional Office|
|Duration:||Project base (from June 2021 to Dec, 2022)|
|Salary Range:||Based on the organization salary scale|
|Announcing Date:||May 30, 2021|
|Closing Date:||June 13, 2021|
|Number of Position:||Three|
|Job Type:||Full time|
|Shift:||7:30 AM – 04:30 PM|
|Experience:||3-5 years’ work experience|
Hand in Hand Afghanistan Organization (HIHAO) is a not-for-profit organization based in Afghanistan. It started operations in 2007. HIHAO is part of the international Hand in Hand (HiH) network of independent organizations, working together towards a shared vision to alleviate poverty through job creation. The overall Hand in Hand mission is to promote the economic and social empowerment of women, by supporting the creation of sustainable enterprises, improved livelihoods and jobs.
HIHAOhas implemented projects funded by DFID, European Union, CAFOD, WFP, GIZ, USAID, WB, Danida, Sida, Hilti foundation and Hand in Hand International through its main office in Kabul and regional office in Mazar-e-Sharif.
Hand in Hand Afghanistan is implementing the Creating Future Economic Prospects for Reintegration of Returnees and IDPs in Balkh province of Afghanistan through the Layers Poultry Value Chain and Creating economic opportunities for returnees and IDPs during COVID-19 Project from June 2021 to Dec 2022. The Project is funded through GIZ/SEDEP.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The poultry vocational trainer mobilizes project beneficiaries in to groups and provides poultry vocational skills training to group members and enable them to practically run their enterprises and becoming benefit earners.
- Work to create awareness about the project in the designated areas and engage local stakeholders in the process….
- Mobilize members in to groups and collect their biodata at baseline
- Trains vocational training subjects to members through developed manuals and visual aids.
- Develops her monthly action plan and travels to districts/villages to implement the project activities.
- Conducts practical poultry training using training material provided
- Conducts experimental training to ensure learning of the participants
- Brings necessary amendments to the training package in coordination of her supervisor if needed
- Ensures that the training met the needs of the identified classes.
- Tests and evaluates improvement and achievement of members in technical knowledge and vocational skills through conducting pretest and posttest and other on the job evaluations.
- Prepares monthly training plan for vocational classes.
- Takes photos and video clips while delivering of vocation trainings to the beneficiaries for visibility of the project.
- Observes and evaluate the classes to determine progress and make suggestions for improvements.
- Prepares and submits the monthly reports to the project manager and.
- Perform any other tasks as required by the project.
- University graduated from Agriculture and livestock or similar studies
- 2-3 years working experience with NGOs or Government departments
- Willing to work in Mazar-e-Sharif and the districts of Balkh province.
- Good communication skills (oral and written) in Dari/ Pashto. Uzbeks is privilege.
- Personal attributes: Honest and hardworking.
Respectful of Village culture and community traditions.
Interested applicant should submit her application comprises of one-page cover letter explaining her interest and suitability for the position along with updated CV.
The application should send via email to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org, please note that, applications received after the closing date (June 13, 2021) will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates whose application meets the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Note: Please clearly indicate the vacancy announcement number in subject line of your email.