|Diploma on any relevant field
|Hand in Hand Afghanistan
|Project Base (18 months)
|Based on the organization salary scale
|Dec 27, 2018
|Jan 13, 2019
|Number of Position:
|Full Time (07:30 AM – 04:30 PM)
|Two years of work experience
Hand in Hand Afghanistan (HiH Af) is a not-for-profit organization based in Afghanistan. It started operations in 2007. HiH Af is part of the international Hand in Hand (HiH) network of independent organizations, working together towards a shared vision to alleviate poverty through job creation. The overall Hand in Hand mission is to promote the economic and social empowerment of women, by supporting the creation of sustainable enterprises, improved livelihoods and jobs.
Hand in Hand Afghanistan has implemented projects funded by DFID, European Commission, CAFOD, WFP, GIZ, USAID, WB, Sida, Hilti foundation and Hand in Hand International through its main office in Kabul and regional office in Mazar-e-Sharif and provincial office in Herat.
Hand in Hand Afghanistan would like to implement the Creating Future Economic Prospects for Reintegration of Returnees and IDPs in Herat and Bamyan provinces of Afghanistan through the Layers
Poultry Value Chain Project in Herat and Bamyan Provinces from January 2019 to June 2020. The Project is funded through GIZ/SEDEP.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Project Assistant will work under direct supervision of the Project Manager and assists him in daily management of the project operations.
- Collect, compile and analyze all beneficiaries data (bio data, socioeconomic assessments, project progress data, etc…) into the Management Information System (MIS) and ensure that reports are available any time.
- Maintain confidential filling system for the data and reports related to the project.
- Assist and train Project Poultry Trainers on using of MIS forms for data collection.
- Taking care of any Admin/Logistic/Finance issues related to the project with cooperation of the Project Manager.
- Preparing required documents such as (requisition forms, bill, vouchers,) for any expenses related to the project.
- Maintain close communication and liaison with relative staff in Head and Regional offices (Admin/HR/logistic/finance/M&E).
- Maintain inventory of assets being used by the project.
- Translation, interpretation, prepare and share meeting minutes.
- Perform any other task deemed necessary by the supervisor.
- Diploma on any related field, university degree on Business Administration is an advantage.
- 2 years work experience, experience in community development will be preferred.
- Fluency in Dari, Pashto and English.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, self-starter and able to work independently.
- Good computer skills specially Microsoft Office package, knowledge of IT would be an advantage.
- Demonstrate attention to detail and proven ability to follow procedures, complete tasks, meet deadlines and work well under pressure in a cooperative, team-oriented environment.
- Knowledge of office administration and bookkeeping procedures.
- Ability to travel to project sites.
Interested applicant should submit his/ her application comprises of one page cover letter explaining his / her interest and suitability for the position along with updated CV.
The application should send via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com, please note that, applications received after the closing date (Jan 13, 2019) will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates whose application meets the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Note: Please clearly indicate the vacancy announcement number in subject line of your email.