|Vacancy Number:||HiH-Af 004/18|
|Position Title:||Project Manager|
|Organization:||Hand in Hand Afghanistan|
|Duty Station:||Kabul with travels to Parwan province|
|Duration:||Project Base (24 months)|
|Salary Range:||Based on the organization salary scale|
|Announcing Date:||Nov 19, 2018|
|Closing Date:||Nov 25, 2018|
|Number of Position:||One|
|Job Type:||Full Time (07:30 AM – 04:30 PM)|
|Experience:||At least three years of relevant experience|
Hand in Hand Afghanistan (HiH Af) is a not-for-profit organization based in Afghanistan. It started operations in 2007. HiH Af is part of the international Hand in Hand (HiH) network of independent organizations, working together towards a shared vision to alleviate poverty through job creation. The overall Hand in Hand mission is to promote the economic and social empowerment of women, by supporting the creation of sustainable enterprises, improved livelihoods and jobs.
Hand in Hand Afghanistan has implemented projects funded by DFID, European Commission, CAFOD, WFP, GIZ, USAID, Sida and Hand in Hand International through its main office in Kabul and regional office in Mazar-e-Sharif.
Hand in Hand Afghanistan would like to implement its Business Development model in the selected communities of Bagrami, Mirbachakoot districts of Kabul, Jabalusaraj and Bagram district of Parwan, and Khulm Districts of Balkh Provinces where the Every Voice Count (EVC) project is being implemented by Care Afghanistan. HiH Af will closely coordinate with CARE Every Voice Count project in the identification of the relevant communities and the subsequent provision of technical assistance.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The project manager is responsible to manage the implementation of the Empowering Women in Afghanistan project in Kabul and Parwan provinces.
- Manage, supervise and co-ordinate activities related to project implementation in the target districts in Kabul and Parwan provinces.
- Ensure that the project stakeholders and targeted communities (Provincial authorities, District officials, DDA, CDCs and community elders) are well aware of the HiH Af program and approach and that they are engaged in the program.
- Ensure that there is a very good coordination with Care Afghanistan and its partners involved in implementation of Every Voice Count (EVC) program.
- Coordination with other organizations active in each district.
- Ensure that the project is well staffed and their capacities are built.
- Be aware of the security situation in the district and take precautions measure for the security of staff.
- Prepare weekly and monthly plan of activities and share with her/his supervisor. Also check the weekly and daily action plan of the field staff and track progress against plan.
- Maintain and keep track of allocated budget for each community.
- Participate in the coordination meetings organized by NGOs coordinating bodies and governmental departments and also meeting with EVC partners.
- Ensure procurement related to the project takes place on time.
- Plan and manage distribution of toolkit to the project beneficiaries.
- Assess the condition and look for different business opportunities to be started by the Self-help-group members considering the potential and market in each community and district.
- Facilitate market linkage for the established enterprises.
- Visit the SHGs on timely basis to detect any issue creating problem and conflict among the SHG members.
- Review monitoring reports and take constructive action to bring improvements based on M&E findings.
- Explore and share success stories and case studies with the regional office.
- Ensure that data related to the project and project beneficiaries are collected on time and entered in to the Management Information System. The project manager is responsible to ensure the accuracy of all the collected data.
- Track attendance of Village Enterprise Facilitators and Vocational Skills Trainers and report to HR on regular basis.
- Evaluate the performance of her/his subordinates and suggest appropriate improvements.
- Organize regular meetings with field staff to discuss the project achievements and challenges and share the minutes of such meeting with her/his supervisor.
- Participate in project review meetings. Perform any other duties as identified by the supervisor.
- University degree is required; Bachelor degree on Business Administration will be an advantage.
- At least three years of experience working for community development activities with national or international organizations.
- Good skills in management and leadership.
- Well organized, self-starter and able to handle the project implementation, coordination efforts.
- A solid understanding of the local social context, ongoing development process and gender issues would be preferred.
- Fluent in Dari/Pashto and English languages (Reading, Writing and Speaking)
- Great team working, communication and interpersonal skills
- Good report writing skills.
- Able to deal with difficult situations, multiple deadline and work under pressure.
- Problem solving and decision-making ability.
- Competency in using computer e.g: Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and Internet.
- Ability to travel to project site in Jabulseraj and Bagram districts of Parwan province and Mirbacha kot and Bagrami districts of Kabul province.
Interested applicant should submit his/her application comprises of one page cover letter explaining his/her interest and suitability for the position along with updated CV.
The application should send via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com, please note that, applications received after the closing date (Nov 25, 2018) will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates whose application meets the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Note: Please clearly indicate the vacancy announcement number in subject line of your email.