Provincial Manager – Citizen Charter Project
|Minimum Education Level:||University Graduated|
|Vacancy Number:||HiH-AF 010/16|
|Position Title:||Provincial Manager – Citizen Charter Project|
|Organization:||Hand in Hand Afghanistan|
|Duty Station:||Mazar e Sharif & Kabul|
|Duration:||Project Base (Three Years)|
|Gender:||Female & Male|
|Salary Range:||Based on the organization salary scale|
|Announcing Date:||October 27, 2016|
|Closing Date:||November 07, 2016|
|Number of Position:||One|
|Job Type:||Full time|
|Shift:||07:30 am – 04:30 pm|
|Experience:||At least 5 years|
Hand in Hand Afghanistan (HiH Af) is a not-for-profit organization based in Afghanistan. It started operations in 2007, following a request at the 2006 London Donor Conference. HiH Af is part of the international Hand in Hand (HiH) network of independent organizations, working together towards a shared vision to alleviate poverty through job creation. The overall Hand in Hand mission is to promote the economic and social empowerment of women, by supporting the creation of sustainable enterprises, improved livelihoods and jobs.
The Hand in Hand Afghanistan currently implementing projects in Balkh, Samangan, Jawzjan and Sare Pul provinces of Afghanistan funded by DFID, EU and HiH International through its main office in Kabul and regional office in Mazare Sharif – Balkh province.
The Government of Afghanistan plans to implement the Citizens’ Charter Afghanistan Program (CCAP) to improve service delivery to communities across the country. Hand in Hand is shortlisted to submit a proposal as Facilitating Partner for the CCAP for selected urban communities in Mazar-e-Sharif city.
In advertising this position, Hand in Hand is aiming to identify and select a qualified candidate for the above mentioned position. His/her CV will become part of a bid for CCAP proposal. The selected candidate will be awarded the contract, if the proposal is accepted and the candidate is also approved by the donor.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Provincial Manager is responsible for overall implementation of Hand in Hand – Af strategy, Program and plan within the province including representing the HiH-Af to external stakeholders. In addition the Provincial Manager is responsible for Leadership and Capacity Building of the provincial staff. The PM reports to Regional Program Manager and Country Citizens’ Charter Manager.
In particular he/ she will:
- Build effective working relationships with relevant line departments to support and build their capacity to assume ever-greater responsibility for CCAP implementation;
- Support the CCAP National Manager to establish, align, coordinate and monitor annual, quarterly and monthly work plans and budgets;
- Ensure implementation and use of tools and processes for timely measuring and documentation of qualitative and quantitative project performance against work plans and budgets, logical framework, contracts and MoUs, on a regular basis;
- Prepare / approve provincial CC works plans and approve district work plans, and regularly follow up the work plans in team meetings.
- Monitor CC program activities through regular field visits, ensuring quality control and compliance with CC operations manual.
- Ensure that CDCs/CCDCs are linked with line departments, NGOs, and other stakeholders.
- Organize weekly office meetings and ensure meeting notes are prepared and shared with the Program Manager.
- To be responsible for overall performance and management of Citizens’ Charter provincial staff to deliver program, ensuring program quality, program impact and its development in line with priorities agreed with Independent Directorate for Local Governance (IDLG), and other relevant agencies
- Set in place a monthly progress review and planning mechanism for the project team, which will be followed though detailed monthly activity plans.
- Provide support and facilitate capacity building of local community institutions and local government in order to enhance their understanding to gradually take on full responsibility of their own development agenda.
- Lead recruitment, induction, training, coaching, support and performance management of provincial personnel to ensure they are qualified, trained, motivated and collaborate to meet the highest professional standards.
- In close coordination with HR, coordinate effective line management and capacity building of project staff.
- Lead the planning and implementation of CCAP in , ensuring consistently high quality implementation, accountability, transparency, compliance, and reporting;
- Monitor proper utilization of the project budget on monthly basis and prepare budget variance analysis report.
- Prepare project procurement plan.
- Ensure regular and effective coordinate is in place with provincial stakeholders.
- Promote the rights, equality, role and empowerment of women, both within Hand in Hand -Af and externally and support all other staff in doing likewise.
- Oversee the financial management of the project budget in close collaboration with the provincial finance team, including monitoring expenditure to ensure proper budget utilization at district and provincial level, identifying and explaining variance.
- Any other tasks assigned by Regional Manager or Country Director.
(Preferred) Bachelor’s degree or higher in Urban development or similar and at least 5 years of relevant work experience.
(Minimum required) Higher Secondary School Completion Certificate plus trainings and certifications completed in relevant field and minimum 6 years of relevant work experience.
Adequacy for the assignment
(Preferred) Work in senior advisory or management positions in large urban development projects for a minimum period of 5 years.
(Minimum required) Work in mid to senior management capacities in large urban development projects for a minimum period of 6 years.
Experience in the region
Experience working for minimum in:
- Afghanistan in Balkh Province in NSP Program two years.
- Afghanistan in other provinces in NSP Program four years.
- Working knowledge of English, Dari and Pashto.
Interested applicant should submit his/ her application comprises of one page cover letter explaining his / her interest and suitability for the position along with updated CV.
The application should send via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com, please note that, applications received after the closing date (Nov 07, 2016) will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates whose application meets the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Note: Please clearly indicate the vacancy announcement number in subject line of your email.