Senior Provincial Engineer – Citizen Charter Project
|Minimum Education Level:||University Graduated|
|Vacancy Number:||HiH-AF 009/16|
|Position Title:||Senior Provincial Engineer – Citizen Charter Project|
|Organization:||Hand in Hand Afghanistan|
|Duty Station:||Mazar e Sharif|
|Duration:||Project Base (Three years)|
|Gender:||Female & Male|
|Salary Range:||Based on the organization salary scale|
|Announcing Date:||October 27, 2016|
|Closing Date:||November 07, 2016|
|Number of Position:||One|
|Job Type:||Full time|
|Shift:||07:30 am – 04:30 pm|
|Experience:||At least 5 years|
Hand in Hand Afghanistan (HiH Af) is a not-for-profit organization based in Afghanistan. It started operations in 2007, following a request at the 2006 London Donor Conference. HiH Af is part of the international Hand in Hand (HiH) network of independent organizations, working together towards a shared vision to alleviate poverty through job creation. The overall Hand in Hand mission is to promote the economic and social empowerment of women, by supporting the creation of sustainable enterprises, improved livelihoods and jobs.
The Hand in Hand Afghanistan currently implementing projects in Balkh, Samangan, Jawzjan and Sare Pul provinces of Afghanistan funded by DFID, EU and HiH International through its main office in Kabul and regional office in Mazare Sharif – Balkh province.
The Government of Afghanistan plans to implement the Citizens’ Charter Afghanistan Program (CCAP) to improve service delivery to communities across the country. Hand in Hand is shortlisted to submit a proposal as Facilitating Partner for the CCAP for selected urban communities in Mazar-e-Sharif city.
In advertising this position, Hand in Hand is aiming to identify and select a qualified candidate for the above mentioned position. His/her CV will become part of a bid for CCAP proposal. The selected candidate will be awarded the contract, if the proposal is accepted and the candidate is also approved by the donor.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Sr. Provincial Engineer is working in close coordination with Provincial Citizens’ Charter Manager and other Sr. Staff. This position requires close coordination with technical and non-technical management to ensure consistent, effective implementation of Citizens’ Charter Project in Mazar e Sharif city.
In particular he/ she will:
- Make technical engineering assessments in relation to surveying, designing, cost estimating, skilled and unskilled labor employment and material (type and quantity) identification.
- Supporting CDC to look after all sub-projects construction materials and equipment during project implementation.
- Will support efforts to ensure a strong focus is continuously maintained in all aspects of the program design and implementation to achieve the purpose of sustainable urban poverty reduction and to establish effective mechanisms for sustainable and effective urbanization.
- Prepare technical designs, cost estimates and infrastructural maps for proposed projects and any other projects requiring rehabilitation and upgrading.
- Conduct detailed feasibility studies and detailed engineering design (DED) for selected projects.
Prepare proposals and engineering designs, plans for the construction, service delivery and related projects.
- Work with the supervisors in basic engineering skills linked to the type of sub-projects undertaken and management of community participation.
- Conduct project progress and impact monitoring, evaluation, and reporting and facilitates liaison with stakeholders (donors and contractors) involved in the execution of the construction and other related projects.
- Supporting CDC participatory monitoring team and supervisors and project workers and monitoring their work.
- Attending team meetings for planning further work and evaluating past work.
- Supporting CDC on the project expenditure against budget and progress of work on a monthly basis.
- Any other tasks assigned by top management.
(Preferred) Bachelor’s degree or higher in civil engineering, similar and at least 6 years of relevant work experience
(Minimum required) Technical institute Completion Certificate plus trainings and certifications completed in relevant field and minimum 7 years of relevant work experience.
Adequacy for the assignment
(Preferred) Work in low-level management or senior technical positions in large development projects for a minimum period of 6 years.
(Minimum required) Work in mid to senior technical positions in large development projects for a minimum period of 7 years.
Experience in the region
Experience working for minimum in:
- Afghanistan in Balkh Province in NSP Program two years
- Afghanistan in other provinces in NSP Program four years.
- Working knowledge of English, Dari and Pashto.
Interested applicant should submit his/ her application comprises of one page cover letter explaining his / her interest and suitability for the position along with updated CV.
The application should send via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com, please note that, applications received after the closing date (Nov 07, 2016) will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates whose application meets the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Note: Please clearly indicate the vacancy announcement number in subject line of your email.