|Education:||Diploma on any relevant field|
|Vacancy Number:||HiH-Af 009/18|
|Position Title:||Veterinary Doctor|
|Organization:||Hand in Hand Afghanistan|
|Duration:||Project Base (18 months)|
|Salary Range:||Based on the organization salary scale|
|Announcing Date:||Dec 27, 2018|
|Closing Date:||Jan 13, 2019|
|Number of Position:||One|
|Job Type:||Full Time (07:30 AM – 04:30 PM)|
|Experience:||Two years of work experience|
Hand in Hand Afghanistan (HiH Af) is a not-for-profit organization based in Afghanistan. It started operations in 2007. HiH Af is part of the international Hand in Hand (HiH) network of independent organizations, working together towards a shared vision to alleviate poverty through job creation. The overall Hand in Hand mission is to promote the economic and social empowerment of women, by supporting the creation of sustainable enterprises, improved livelihoods and jobs.
Hand in Hand Afghanistan has implemented projects funded by DFID, European Commission, CAFOD, WFP, GIZ, USAID, WB, Sida, Hilti foundation and Hand in Hand International through its main office in Kabul and regional office in Mazar-e-Sharif and provincial office in Herat.
Hand in Hand Afghanistan would like to implement the Creating Future Economic Prospects for Reintegration of Returnees and IDPs in Herat and Bamyan provinces of Afghanistan through the Layers
Poultry Value Chain Project in Herat and Bamyan Provinces from January 2019 to June 2020. The Project is funded through GIZ/SEDEP.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Veterinary Doctor will work under direct supervision of the Project Manager and assists him in daily management of the project operations.
- Develop and adapt poultry training materials such as manuals and visual aids
- Conduct ToT on backyard layer poultry farming for poultry vocational trainers
- Monitor the training process of poultry farming by trainers for beneficiaries and make suggestions for improvements.
- Provision of technical and vocational support to beneficiaries through outreach mentoring visits
- Take part in process of procurement of chickens and poultry enterprise startup kits
- Monitor process of provided chickens’ health, growth and productivity
- Ensure the provided chickens are vaccinated and are healthy
- Provide support technical assistance if any chickens disease outbreak is observed
- Work to create awareness about the project in the designated areas and engage local stakeholders in the process
- Develops his/her monthly action plan and travels to districts/villages to implement the project activities.
- Conducts experimental training to ensure learning of the participants
- Ensures that the training met the needs of the identified classes.
- Tests and evaluates improvement and achievement of beneficiaries in technical knowledge and vocational skills through conducting pretest and post-test and other on the job evaluations.
- Prepares monthly training plan for vocational classes.
- Takes photos and video clips while delivering of vocation training to the beneficiaries for visibility of the project.
- Prepares and submits the monthly reports to the project manager and Capacity Development Unit relating to monthly activities carried out.
- Perform any other tasks as required by the project.
- Be a Veterinary Doctor
- Having at least 3 years work experience particularly in poultry farming
- Ability and experience of working as trainer
- Fluency in Dari, Pashto and English.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, self-starter and able to work independently.
- Good computer skills especially Microsoft Office package, knowledge of IT would be an advantage.
- Demonstrate attention to detail and proven ability to follow procedures, complete tasks, meet deadlines and work well under pressure in a cooperative, team-oriented environment.
- Ability to travel to project sites.
Interested applicant should submit his/ her application comprises of one page cover letter explaining his / her interest and suitability for the position along with updated CV.
The application should send via email to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org, please note that, applications received after the closing date (Jan 13, 2019) will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates whose application meets the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Note: Please clearly indicate the vacancy announcement number in subject line of your email.