|Minimum Education Level:
||HiH AF 004/16
||Media & Communication Officer
||Hand in Hand Afghanistan
||Mazar e Sharif with travels to the districts.
||One Year (Extendable)
||Male or Female
||Based on the organization salary scale
||May 02, 2016
||May 12, 2016
|Number of Position:
||07:30 am – 04:30 pm
||At least 3 years
Hand in Hand Afghanistan (HiH Af) is a not-for-profit organization based in Afghanistan. It started
operations in 2007, following a request at the 2006 London Donor Conference. HiH Af is part of the
international Hand in Hand (HiH) network of independent organizations, working together towards a
shared vision to alleviate poverty through job creation. The overall Hand in Hand mission is to
promote the economic and social empowerment of women, by supporting the creation of sustainable
enterprises, improved livelihoods and jobs.
The Hand in Hand Afghanistan currently operating in Balkh, Samangan, Jawzjan and Sar-e pul
through its main office in Kabul and regional office in Mazare Sharif Balkh province.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Development of Hand in Hand Afghanistan’s Communications Strategy
- Assist in providing communication support to all program units, including site visit and ToTs for field staff.
- Translate the communication and outreach documents, news and reports and other publicity materials from English to Dari & Pashto and vice-versa.
- Regularly updating of HiH-Af’s website, Dari, Pashto and English pages.
- Regularly updating HiH-Af’s social media accounts such as Twitter, Facebook and others social media networks.
- Attend public events, as needed.
- Support the team in organizing celebratory events, stakeholder meetings and other public events by development of visibility materials.
- Designing reporting templates, logos, business cards, brochures, and invitation cards.
- Writing and designing HiH Af’s annual report and quarterly reports.
- Maintaining entrepreneurs’ products catalogue and updating the related pages on the website.
- Development of audiovisual scripts and plan for shooting required videos for short documentaries.
- To be able to plan and organize travel to the field to gather success stories, videos, and photograph with high quality.
- Design photographs for publication on website, newsletters and brochures.
- Interview the beneficiaries to visually document activities for HiH-Af’s publications on web sites.
- Network and coordinate activities with government and partner organization as appropriate.
- Keep up-to-date electronic formats of publication archives and photographic image archives
- according to themes and categories. Provide timely support to staff in accessing needed information
- from these archives.
- Undertake any other related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- University degree is required; Literature or journalism graduated is preferred.
- At least three years of experience working with media and development sector.
- Familiar with tools such as camera and camcorders for shooting video and photography.
- Experience in writing newsletters and reports
- Ability to design brochures, booklets and project related promotional materials using Photoshop,
- Adobe Premier/Final Cut and other relevant software programs.
- Familiar with web designing (WordPress) to maintain and update HiH-AF website
- Fluent in Dari/Pashto and English languages (Reading, Writing and Speaking),
- Great team working, communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent in translation from English to Dari/Pashto and vice versa
- Able to deal with difficult situations, multiple deadline and work under pressure.
- Problem solving and decision making ability.
- Competency in using computers e.g Microsoft office, publisher, Photoshop and other designing
- applications, Outlook and Internet,
Interested applicants should submit their application comprises of one page cover letter explaining your interest and suitability for the position along with updated CV.
The application should send via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and cc email@example.com, please note that, applications received after the closing date (May
12, 2016) will not be given in consideration. Only shortlisted candidates whose application meets the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Note: Please clearly indicate the vacancy announcement number in subject line of your email.
CV without Hand in Hand Job Application form will not be considered.
Please click here to download the HiH Af job application form
|Lobbying for a position in HiH-Af, whether by the applicant or by any person acting on his or her behalf, shall result in the immediate disqualification of the candidate from further consideration.