Job Category: Operation
Minimum Education Level: University Graduate
Vacancy Number: HiH-AF 002/15
Position Title: Procurement Officer
Organization: Hand in Hand Afghanistan
Duty Station: Balkh Regional Office with travels to Samangan, Jawzjan and Sar i Pul provinces
Duration: 31st, Dec 2015 (Extendable)
Salary Range: Based on organization salary scales.
Announcing Date: Jan 5, 2015
Closing Date: Jan 17, 2015
Number of Position: 1
Job Type: Full time
Shift: 07:30 am – 04:30 pm
Experience: At least 3 years
Hand in Hand Afghanistan (HiH Af) is a not-for-profit organization based in Afghanistan. It started operations in 2007, following a request at the 2006 London Donor Conference. HiH Af is part of the international Hand in Hand (HiH) network of independent organizations, working together towards a shared vision to alleviate poverty through job creation. The overall Hand in Hand mission is to promote the economic and social empowerment of women, by supporting the creation of sustainable enterprises, improved livelihoods and jobs.
The Hand in Hand Afghanistan operates in Balkh, Kunduz, Takhar, Badakhshan, Parwan, Nangarhar, Bamian , Heart, Samangan, Jawzjan through its main office in Kabul and regional office in Mazare Sharif Balkh province. Soon its operation will be started at Sare pul province.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Procurement Officer is responsible for ensuring all project procurement of goods and operations services are achieved according to project deadlines. S/he will put in place policies and procedures to ensure that all commodity procurement actions are compliant with HiH Af procurement policy, regulations and requirements of the donors. Duties will include:
- Supports the senior admin/finance Officer in managing procurement of goods & services through subcontracts, purchase orders and direct purchases;
- Lead and manage project procurement and ensure compliance with HiH Af policies and requirements of donors in regards to the procurements.
- Purchase a wide-range of goods, commodities, and services;
- Manage the procurement budget;
- Manage all procurement documents, ensuring compliance with relevant regulations.
- Management of procurement function includes conducting regular market surveys of items of a recurring need, assisting initiators of purchase requests with the preparation of specifications and accurate budgets;
- Manage/and/or prepare and issue solicitations (RFQ and RFP),
- Manage vendor selection in compliance with HiH Af policy;
- Undertake regular market research in support of operational and program goods and services;
- Mentor and strengthen other staff involved in procurement in procurement procedure and policy in line with HiH Af policy;
- Oversee the evaluations, bid matrices, negotiation memorandums, and approvals, and make sure all supporting documentation is compliant with HiH Af policy and procedures;
- Ensure all steps of the procurement cycle are documented in line with HiH Af policy;
- Conduct cost/ price, quality and past performance/ timeliness review of bids;
- Generate purchase orders and negotiate price, terms, and conditions electronically and in hard copy;
- Manage vendor relationships, contacts, and pre-qualifications lists;
- Provide input related to project procurement for financial and other reports;
- Ensure administration, filing etc. of documentation is well organized and kept up to date;
- Manage competing activities in support of program and operational activities;
- Multitask under short deadlines;
- Work with the admin/finance to prepare property disposition requests and annual inventory reports;
- Carry out other procurement functions as required.
- University degree is required; Bachelor degree on business administration will be an advantage.
- At least three years of experience working for community development activities with national or international organizations.
- Great team working, communication and interpersonal skills
- Good report writing skills.
- Good judgmental skills.
- Able to deal with difficult situations, multiple deadline and work under pressure.
- Problem solving and decision making ability.
- Able to modify procurement systems if necessary
- Flexibility to work long hours
- Knowledge of the Afghan market and suppliers.
- Excellent oral as well as written communication skills in English, Dari and Pashto.
- Strong Computer literacy in Ms. Word, Ms. Excel, Ms. PowerPoint, Outlook Express and other relevant computer programs.
- Ability to work in challenging work environments as well as ability to work under pressure.
- Competency in using computer e.g: Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and Internet.
Interested applicants should submit their application comprises of one page cover letter explaining your interest and suitability for the position along with updated CV.
The application should send via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com , with the position title clearly indicated in the subject line. Please note that, applications received after the closing date (Jan 15, 2015) will not be given in consideration. Only shortlisted candidates whose application meets the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Lobbying for a position in HiH-Af, whether by the applicant or by any person acting on his or her behalf, shall result in the immediate disqualification of the candidate from further consideration.