|Hand in Hand Afghanistan
|Dalkhaki village, Samangan province
|11 Months (Aug 31, 2021)
|Female/Male (Preference will be given to female applicants)
|Based on the organization salary scale
|Oct 05, 2020
|Oct 13, 2020
|Number of Position:
|Full time (08:00 AM – 04:00 PM)
|Three years’ related work experience
Hand in Hand Afghanistan (HiH Af) is a not-for-profit organization based in Afghanistan. It started operations in 2007. HiH Af is part of the international Hand in Hand (HiH) network of independent organizations, working together towards a shared vision to alleviate poverty through job creation. The overall Hand in Hand mission is to promote the economic and social empowerment of women, by supporting the creation of sustainable enterprises, improved livelihoods and jobs.
Hand in Hand Afghanistan has implemented projects funded by DFID, European Commission, CAFOD, WFP, GIZ, USAID, WB, Sida, Hilti foundation and Hand in Hand International through its main office in Kabul and regional office in Mazar-e-Sharif and provincial office in Herat.
Hand in Hand Afghanistan is implementing “Helping the people of Dalkhaki of Samangan province, Afghanistan bounce back from COVID19” from Sep 2020 to Aug 2021. The Project is funded through Hand in Hand International.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Doctor Veterinary should be alert of any diseases, recommend necessary medicine, implement vaccinations and technically check the poultry and their toolkits, additionally he/she train and supervise poultry vocational skill trainings when needed for self-help group members so that group members can practically apply to run their enterprises and becoming benefit earners. He /She may use his/her knowledge, experience and occupational experiences in Poultry to increase the knowledge of poultry entrepreneurs.
- Supervise the project Village Enterprise Facilitators during the poultry skill training to community members
- Instruct the community members in choosing a proper location and construction of coops.
- Stay aware and alert of the situation in the field and inform the project beneficiaries of any possible outbreak of diseases to prevent loss and take appropriate actions.
- Implement any necessary vaccination for the chickens.
- Prescribe necessary medicine for the chickens based on need.
- Technically checks the poultry kits ordered by HiH-Af and supplied by supplier to SHG members, based on predetermined criteria.
- Increase awareness about poultry advantages on village poultry for household income and family nutrition.
- Deliver poultry vocational skill training according to HiH-Af training manuals.
- Conduct practical and on-the-job training to ensure learning of the participants.
- Represent Hand in Hand Afghanistan at the field and follow its vision, mission and policies.
- Take photos and video clips of his/her works in the field.
- Facilitate marketing and do market linkage for the products of enterprises.
- Observes and evaluate the vocational skill trainings to determine progress and make suggestions for improvements.
- Prepares and submits the monthly plans and reports.
- Perform any other tasks as required by project.
- Must be graduated of Veterinary Faculty.
- Has 2-3 years working experience with NGOs, clinics or governmental departments in sectors of poultry, livestock and bee keeping.
- Be from Dalkhaki or willing to work in Dalkhaki of Aybak, Samangan province.
- Good communication skills (oral and written) in Dari, Pashto, English a plus
- Personal attributes: Honest and hardworking.
- Respectful of village culture and community traditions.
- Preference will be given to female applicants.
Interested applicant should submit his/ her application comprises of one-page cover letter explaining his / her interest and suitability for the position along with updated CV.
The application should send via email to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org, please note that, applications received after the closing date (Oct 13, 2020) will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates whose application meets the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Note: Please clearly indicate the vacancy announcement number in subject line of your email.