|Minimum Education Level:||Diploma on any relevant field|
|Vacancy Number:||HIHAO 003/21|
|Position Title:||Project Assistant|
|Organization:||Hand in Hand Afghanistan Organization (HIHAO)|
|Duty Station:||Mazar Regional Office|
|Duration:||Project base (from June 2021 to Dec, 2022)|
|Salary Range:||Based on the organization salary scale|
|Announcing Date:||May 30, 2021|
|Closing Date:||June 10, 2021|
|Number of Position:||One|
|Job Type:||Full time|
|Shift:||7:30 AM – 04:30 PM|
|Experience:||Two years’ work experience|
Hand in Hand Afghanistan Organization (HIHAO) is a not-for-profit organization based in Afghanistan. It started operations in 2007. HIHAO is part of the international Hand in Hand (HiH) network of independent organizations, working together towards a shared vision to alleviate poverty through job creation. The overall Hand in Hand mission is to promote the economic and social empowerment of women, by supporting the creation of sustainable enterprises, improved livelihoods and jobs.
HIHAOhas implemented projects funded by DFID, European Union, CAFOD, WFP, GIZ, USAID, WB, Danida, Sida, Hilti foundation and Hand in Hand International through its main office in Kabul and regional office in Mazar-e-Sharif.
Hand in Hand Afghanistan is implementing the Creating Future Economic Prospects for Reintegration of Returnees and IDPs in Balkh province of Afghanistan through the Layers Poultry Value Chain and Creating economic opportunities for returnees and IDPs during COVID-19 Project from June 2021 to Dec 2022. The Project is funded through GIZ/SEDEP.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Project Assistant will work under direct supervision of the Project Manager and assists him in daily management of the project operations.
- Collect, compile and analyze all beneficiaries’ data (bio data, socioeconomic assessments, project progress data, etc…) into the Management Information System (MIS) and ensure that reports are available any time.
- Maintain confidential filling system for the data and reports related to the project.
- Assist and train Project Poultry Trainers on using of MIS forms for data collection.
- Taking care of any Admin/Logistic/Finance issues related to the project with cooperation of the Project Manager.
- Preparing required documents such as (requisition forms, bill, vouchers,) for any expenses related to the project.
- Maintain inventory of assets being used by the project.
- Translation, interpretation, prepare and share meeting minutes and narrative reports on regular basis.
- Prepare project narrative reports
- Perform any other task deemed necessary by the supervisor.
- Diploma on any related field, university degree on Business Administration is an advantage.
- 2 years work experience, experience in community development will be preferred.
- Good report writing skills
- Fluency in Dari, Pashto and English.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, self-starter and able to work independently.
- Good computer skills specially Microsoft Office package, knowledge of IT would be an advantage.
- Demonstrate attention to detail and proven ability to follow procedures, complete tasks, meet deadlines and work well under pressure in a cooperative, team-oriented environment.
- Knowledge of office administration and bookkeeping procedures.
- Ability to travel to project sites.
Interested applicant should submit his/ her application comprises of one page cover letter explaining his / her interest and suitability for the position along with updated CV.
The application should send via email to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org, please note that, applications received after the closing date (June 10, 2021) will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates whose application meets the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Note: Please clearly indicate the vacancy announcement number in subject line of your email.