MEDIA AND COMMUNICATION OFFICER
||Media & Communication Officer
||Hand in Hand Afghanistan
||Mazar e Sharif with travels to project sites
||One Year (Extendable)
||Female/Male (Eligible females are encouraged to apply)
||Based on the organization salary scale
||Feb 10, 2019
||Feb 20, 2019
|Number of Position:
||Full Time (07:30 AM – 04:30 PM)
||Three years of work experience
Hand in Hand Afghanistan (HiH Af) is a not-for-profit organization based in Afghanistan. It started operations in 2007. HiH Af is part of the international Hand in Hand (HiH) network of independent organizations, working together towards a shared vision to alleviate poverty through job creation. The overall Hand in Hand mission is to promote the economic and social empowerment of women, by supporting the creation of sustainable enterprises, improved livelihoods and jobs.
Hand in Hand Afghanistan has implemented projects funded by DFID, European Commission, CAFOD, WFP, GIZ, USAID, WB, Sida, Hilti foundation and Hand in Hand International through its main office in Kabul and regional office in Mazar-e-Sharif and District offices that are located in close proximity to the field.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Development of Hand in Hand Afghanistan’s Communications Strategy.
- Assist in providing communication support to all program units, including site visit and ToTs for field staff.
- Translate the communication and outreach documents, news and reports and other publicity materials from English to Dari & Pashto and vice-versa.
- Regularly updating of HiH Af’s website, Dari, Pashto and English pages.
- Regularly updating HiH Af’s social media accounts such as Twitter, Facebook and others social media networks.
- Support the team in organizing celebratory events, stakeholder meetings and other public events by development of visibility materials.
- Designing reporting templates, logos, business cards, brochures, and invitation cards.
- Writing and designing HiH Af’s annual report and quarterly reports.
- Maintaining entrepreneurs’ products catalogue and updating the related pages on the website.
- Development of audiovisual scripts and plan for shooting required videos for short documentaries.
- To be able to plan and organize travel to the field to gather success stories, videos, and photograph with high quality.
- Design photographs for publication on website, newsletters and brochures.
- Interview the beneficiaries to visually document activities for HiH Af’s publications on web sites.
- Network and coordinate activities with government and partner organization as appropriate.
- Keep up-to-date electronic formats of publication archives and photographic image archives according to themes and categories.
- Provide timely support to staff in accessing needed information from these archives.
- Attend public events, as needed.
- Undertake any other related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- University degree is required; Journalism or Communication graduate is preferred.
- At least three years of experience working with media and development sector.
- Familiar with tools such as camera and camcorders for shooting video and photography.
- Experience in writing newsletters and reports
- Ability to design brochures, booklets and project related promotional materials using Photoshop,
- Adobe Premier/Final Cut and other relevant software programs.
- Familiar with web designing (WordPress) to maintain and update HiH Af website
- Fluent in Dari/Pashto and English languages (Reading, Writing and Speaking),
- Great team working, communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent in translation from English to Dari/Pashto and vice versa
- Able to deal with difficult situations, multiple deadline and work under pressure.
- Problem solving and decision making ability.
- Competency in using computers e.g Microsoft office, publisher, Photoshop and other designing applications, Outlook and Internet,
Interested applicants should submit their application comprising of one page cover letter explaining your interest and suitability for the position along with updated CV.
The application should be sent via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and cc email@example.com, indicating the vacancy number in the subject line. Please note that, applications received after the closing date (20 Feb 2019) will not be given consideration. Only shortlisted candidates whose application meets the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Note: Eligible female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.