|Minimum Education Level:
|HiH Af 016/15
|Hand in Hand Afghanistan
|Dara Suf Bala Districts with travels to Mazar
|One Year (Extendable)
|Based on the organization salary scale
|Aug 30, 2015
|Sep 07, 2015
|Number of Position:
|07:30 am – 04:30 pm
|At least 3 years
Hand in Hand Afghanistan (HiH Af) is a not-for-profit organization based in Afghanistan. It started operations in 2007, following a request at the 2006 London Donor Conference. HiH Af is part of the international Hand in Hand (HiH) network of independent organizations, working together towards a shared vision to alleviate poverty through job creation. The overall Hand in Hand mission is to promote the economic and social empowerment of women, by supporting the creation of sustainable enterprises, improved livelihoods and jobs.
The Hand in Hand Afghanistan currently implementing projects in Balkh, Samangan, Jawzjan and Sar i Pul provinces of Afghanistan funded by DFID, EC and HIH-International through its main office in Kabul and regional office in Mazare Sharif – Balkh province. –
Duties & Responsibilities:
The district officer is responsible for the entire activities of the district and working under the direct supervision of the Branch Offices Coordinator.
- The district Officer will manage, supervise and co-ordinate activities related to operations, finance and administration in the designated Region.
- Ensure that targeted communities (District officials, DDA, CDC and community elders) are well aware of the HiH Af program and approach
- Coordination with other organization active in the district.
- Coordinate with local government
- Be aware of the security situation in the district and update the regional office
- Report to the District Coordinator in the regional office.
- Check the action plan of the team and the progress against plan.
- Keep the document of the petty cash allocated for the district office.
- Prepare weekly and monthly plan of activities and share with the regional office.
- Supervise activities of the mobilization and trainings.
- Supervise disbursement of loan to the eligible groups and facilitate repayment collections.
- Research and look for different business opportunities to be established by the group members.
- Facilitate market linkage for the established enterprises.
- Explore the groups to detect any issue creating problem and conflict among the members.
- Explore and share success stories and case studies with the regional office.
- Make sure that Baseline data of the district and all the beneficiaries’ profile data are collected and entered into the MIS.
- Report on daily basis to his/her supervisor and produce weekly and monthly narrative report.
- Perform any other duties as identified by the supervisor.
- University degree is required; Bachelor degree on business administration will be an advantage.
- At least three years of experience working for community development activities with national or international organizations.
- Good skills in management and leadership
- Well organized, self-starter and able to handle the project implementation, coordination efforts on district level.
- A solid understanding of the local social context, ongoing development process and gender issues would be preferred.
- Fluent in Dari/Pashto and English languages (Reading, Writing and Speaking), speaking and understanding of local languages (Uzbek and Turkmen) will be an advantage.
- Great team working, communication and interpersonal skills
- Good report writing skills.
- Able to deal with difficult situations, multiple deadline and work under pressure.
- Problem solving and decision making ability.
- Familiarity with the implementation of livelihoods projects
- Experience in implementation of vocational skills trainings
- Working experiences in DS Bala district –Being resident of DS Bala will be an asset
- Competency in using computer e.g: Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and Internet.
Interested applicants should submit their application comprises of one page cover letter explaining your interest and suitability for the position along with updated CV.
The application should send via email to: email@example.com and cc firstname.lastname@example.org, please note that, applications received after the closing date (Sep 07, 2015) will not be given in consideration. Only shortlisted candidates whose application meets the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Note: Please clearly indicate the vacancy announcement number in subject line of your email.
CV without Hand in Hand Job Application form will not be considered.
|Lobbying for a position in HiH-Af, whether by the applicant or by any person acting on his or her behalf, shall result in the immediate disqualification of the candidate from further consideration.