Media and Communication Officer
|Vacancy Number:||HiHAO 002/21|
|Position Title:||Media and Communication Officer|
|Organization:||Hand in Hand Afghanistan|
|Duty Station:||Mazar e Sharif|
|Salary Range:||Based on the organization salary scale|
|Announcing Date:||Feb 16, 2021|
|Closing Date:||Feb 28, 2021|
|Number of Position:||One|
|Job Type:||08:00 AM – 04:00 PM|
|Experience:||Three years’ work experience|
Hand in Hand Afghanistan (HiHAO) is a not-for-profit organization based in Afghanistan. It started operations in 2007. HiHAO is part of the international Hand in Hand (HiH) network of independent organizations, working together towards a shared vision to alleviate poverty through job creation. The overall Hand in Hand mission is to promote the economic and social empowerment of women, by supporting the creation of sustainable enterprises, improved livelihoods and jobs.
Hand in Hand Afghanistan has implemented projects funded by DFID, European Commission, CAFOD, WFP, GIZ, USAID, WB, Sida, Hilti foundation and Hand in Hand International through its main office in Kabul and regional office in Mazar-e-Sharif and provincial office in Herat.
The Media and Communication Officer will be responsible for the provision of comprehensive public relations, communication and outreach of the organization.
- Development of Hand in Hand Afghanistan’s Communications Strategy.
- Assist in providing communication support to all program units, including site visit and ToTs for field staff.
- Translate the communication and outreach documents, news and reports and other publicity materials from English to Dari & Pashto and vice-versa.
- Regularly updating of HIHAO’s website, Dari, Pashto and English pages.
- Regularly updating HIHAO’s social media accounts such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and others social media networks.
- Support the team in organizing events, stakeholder meetings and other public events by development of visibility materials.
- Designing reporting templates, logos, business cards, brochures, and invitation cards.
- Writing and designing HIHAO’s annual report and quarterly reports.
- Maintaining entrepreneurs’ products catalogue and updating the related pages on the website.
- Development of audiovisual scripts and plan for shooting required videos for short documentaries.
- To be able to plan and organize travel to the field to gather success stories, videos, and photograph with high quality.
- Design photographs for publication on website, newsletters and brochures.
- Interview the beneficiaries to visually document activities for HIHAO’s publications on websites and social media.
- Network and coordinate activities with government and partner organization as appropriate.
- Keep up-to-date electronic formats of publication archives and photographic image archives according to themes and categories.
- Provide timely support to staff in accessing needed information from these archives.
- Attend public events, as needed.
- Undertake any other related duties as assigned by the supervisor
- University degree is required; Journalism or Communication graduate is preferred.
- At least three years of experience working with media and development sector.
- Familiar with tools such as camera and camcorders for shooting video and photography.
- Experience in writing newsletters and reports
- Ability to design brochures, booklets and project related promotional materials using Photoshop,
- Adobe Premier/Final Cut and other relevant software programs.
- Familiar with web designing (WordPress) to maintain and update HiHAO website
- Fluent in Dari/Pashto and English languages (Reading, Writing and Speaking),
- Great team working, communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent in translation from English to Dari/Pashto and vice versa
- Able to deal with difficult situations, multiple deadline and work under pressure.
- Problem solving and decision making ability.
- Competency in using computers e.g Microsoft office, publisher, Photoshop and other designing applications, Outlook and Internet,
Interested applicant should submit his/ her application comprises of one page cover letter explaining his / her interest and suitability for the position along with updated CV.
The application should send via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com, please note that, applications received after the closing date (Feb 28, 2020) will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates whose application meets the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Note: Please clearly indicate the vacancy announcement number in subject line of your email.