Country Citizen’s Charter Project Manager
|Minimum Education Level:||Master Degree|
|Vacancy Number:||HiH-AF 012/16|
|Position Title:||Country Citizen’s Charter Project Manager|
|Organization:||Hand in Hand Afghanistan|
|Duty Station:||Kabul / Mazar|
|Duration:||Project Base (Three years)|
|Gender:||Female & Male|
|Salary Range:||Based on the organization salary scale|
|Announcing Date:||October 27, 2016|
|Closing Date:||November 07, 2016|
|Number of Position:||One|
|Job Type:||Full time|
|Shift:||07:30 am – 04:30 pm|
|Experience:||At least 5 years|
Hand in Hand Afghanistan (HiH Af) is a not-for-profit organization based in Afghanistan. It started operations in 2007, following a request at the 2006 London Donor Conference. HiH Af is part of the international Hand in Hand (HiH) network of independent organizations, working together towards a shared vision to alleviate poverty through job creation. The overall Hand in Hand mission is to promote the economic and social empowerment of women, by supporting the creation of sustainable enterprises, improved livelihoods and jobs.
The Hand in Hand Afghanistan currently implementing projects in Balkh, Samangan, Jawzjan and Sare Pul provinces of Afghanistan funded by DFID, EU and HiH International through its main office in Kabul and regional office in Mazare Sharif – Balkh province.
The Government of Afghanistan plans to implement the Citizens’ Charter Afghanistan Program (CCAP) to improve service delivery to communities across the country. Hand in Hand is shortlisted to submit a proposal as Facilitating Partner for the CCAP for selected urban communities in Mazar-e-Sharif city.
In advertising this position, Hand in Hand is aiming to identify and select a qualified candidate for the above mentioned position. His/her CV will become part of a bid for CCAP proposal. The selected candidate will be awarded the contract, if the proposal is accepted and the candidate is also approved by the donor.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Country Citizen’s Charter Manager will oversee the project cycle. S/he will lead and manage the planning and implementation of activities and will be responsible for building the capacity of the Senior Staff and coordinate the project affairs and activities with the external stakeholders and client.
In particular the Country Citizen’s Charter Manager will:
- To organize and arrange meetings among partners, government agencies, NGOs, and other actors for ensuring strong coordination and cooperation
- To oversee and guide the implementation of Citizen Charters’ Afghanistan Project according to the given the project related documents such as operational, technical and training manuals
- Represent the project in related program coordination and stakeholder meetings
- Lead and motivate the team, ensure effective use of the Performance Management System
- Oversee the financial management of the project budget in close collaboration with the program and finance teams.
- Implement programs as per grants requirements and compliance, delivering and reporting of projects on time, on budget and to the required standard.
- Supervise and manage the Citizen Charters’ Afghanistan Project Mazar.
- Responsible for building the capacity of the senior Managers/ staff.
- Monitoring and assessing of Sr. staff performance and capacity building plans;
- Ensure adherence to organizational requirements, including regular program reporting.
- Provide supports and guidance when required.
(Preferred) Master’s Degree or higher in Urban Development or similar and at least 5 years of relevant work experience.
(Minimum required) Bachelor’s Degree completed in relevant field and minimum 6 years of relevant work experience.
Adequacy for the assignment:
(Preferred) Work in senior advisory or management positions in large Urban development projects for a minimum period of 5 years.
(Minimum required) Work in mid to senior management capacities in large Urban development projects for a minimum period of 6 years.
Experience in the region
Experience working for minimum in:
- Afghanistan in Balkh Province in NSP implementation two years
- Afghanistan in other provinces in NSP implementation four years.
- Working knowledge of English, Dari and Pashto.
Interested applicant should submit his/ her application comprises of one page cover letter explaining his / her interest and suitability for the position along with updated CV.
The application should send via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com, please note that, applications received after the closing date (Nov 07, 2016) will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates whose application meets the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Note: Please clearly indicate the vacancy announcement number in subject line of your email.