Job Category: Program
Minimum Education Level: University Graduate
Vacancy Number: HiH-AF 011/15
Position Title: District Assistant
Organization: Hand in Hand Afghanistan
Duty Station: Sancharak, Gosfandi & Balkhab districts.
Duration: 31st, Dec 2015 (Extendable)
Gender: Male/ Female
Salary Range: Based on organization salary scales.
Announcing Date: Apr 14, 2015
Closing Date: Apr 23, 2015
Number of Position: 3
Job Type: Full time
Shift: 07:30 am – 04:30 pm
Job Status: Interviewing
Experience: At least 2 years
Hand in Hand Afghanistan (HiH Af) is a not-for-profit organization based in Afghanistan. It started operations in 2007, following a request at the 2006 London Donor Conference. HiH Af is part of the international Hand in Hand (HiH) network of independent organizations, working together towards a shared vision to alleviate poverty through job creation. The overall Hand in Hand mission is to promote the economic and social empowerment of women, by supporting the creation of sustainable enterprises, improved livelihoods and jobs.
The Hand in Hand Afghanistan currently operating in Balkh, Samangan, Jawzjan and Sar i Pul provinces through its main office in Kabul and regional office in Mazare Sharif – Balkh province.
This is a three years project starting from 1st Apr 2015 and will be end up on 31st, Mar 2018 and was funded with UK aid from the British people for “Reducing poverty and gender inequality in Sar e pul Province of Afghanistan by improving household income and financial resilience for rural women through enterprise and job creation”.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collect, compile, analyze and enter all group and members data into MIS Database (including Member’s Bio-data and group’s regular meeting records both SHGs/CIGs) according to specified MIS procedures
- Maintain confidential filling system for groups (SHG/CIG) related data received as raw data from VEFs in hard copies
- Assist and train VEFs on using of MIS forms for data collection
- Ensure that all MIS data is accurate and robust ensuring that reports are available any time
- Taking care of any Admin / logistic/Finance issues of field office with cooperation of DOs.
- Preparing required documents such as (bill, vouchers, demand) for any expenses of field office.
- Disbursing the salary of field staff on time and in proper manner.
- Proper communication and liaison with relative staff in main office (Admin/logistic/finance/cashier).
- Preparing proper schedule for Guards and making sure of its implementation in the field office and have a close communication with field driver to see for proper usage of office car and motorbike.
- Any other legal assignment from district officer for better management of field office if required.
- Keep an up to date visitors book in the
- Maintain inventory documents of the HIH AF office assets
- Maintain office files in a proper way and keep them updated
- Translation, interpretation and take meeting, Prepare and share meeting minutes.
- University degree in business management or Social Science.
- 2 years work experience. Experience in business/enterprise development will be preferred.
- Fluency in Dari and/or Pashto, English would be an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, self-starter and able to work independently.
- Reasonable computer skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and proven ability to follow procedures, complete tasks, meet deadlines and work well under pressure in a cooperative, team oriented environment.
- Knowledge of office administration and bookkeeping procedures.
- Knowledge of council (CDCs) and committee systems (establishment of self-help groups)
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy confidentiality concerning financial and employee files.
Interested applicants should submit their application comprises of one page cover letter explaining your interest and suitability for the position along with updated CV.
The application should send via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com , please note that, applications received after the closing date (Apr 23, 2015) will not be given in consideration. Only shortlisted candidates whose application meets the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Note: Please clearly indicate the vacancy announcement number and the location you are interested to work, in subject line of your email.
CV without Hand in Hand Job Application form will not be considered.
|Lobbying for a position in HiH-Af, whether by the applicant or by any person acting on his or her behalf, shall result in the immediate disqualification of the candidate from further consideration.|