Highlights of February 2015
- During February 2015, Hand in Hand Afghanistan with financial support from Hand in Hand International expanded its activities into two more districts (Keshindeh and Shortepa) of Balkh Province where a total of 3,000 members are going to be mobilized, capacitated and supported to establish or expand their microenterprises in both districts.
- Expansion of 18 microenterprises (14 female and 4 male) under the “Supporting Rural Entrepreneurship and Promoting Women’s Socio-economic Empowerment” project in Dara-e-Suf Bala and Payan districts of Samangan Province which has resulted in creation of 18 jobs for the community members.
- Sum of AFN 77,000 recollected as repayments of EIF loan from groups during the month of February 2015 which has increased the repayment rate to 83%.
- Sum of AFN 530,385 saved within the groups by members in Dara-e-Suf Bala, Dara-e-Suf Payan districts of Samangan province and Aqcha district of Jawzjan Province.
- 24 internal loans have taken place among the group members with a total value of AFN 192,900 in Dara-e-suf Bala and Dara-e-suf Payan of Samangan province and Aqcha district of Jawzjan Province. Internal loans utilized for the expansion of members existing enterprises.
- The coordination meeting has taken place under the “Supporting Rural Entrepreneurship and Promoting Women’s Socio-economic Empowerment” project in Dara-e-Suf district office, Samangan province to orient and update the relevant stakeholders about the project progress. The participants included but not limited to the representatives from Dara-e-Suf Bala and Payan District Governor Offices, Agriculture, Rural Rehabilitation and Education Departments; Head of DDAs and CDCs; Head of Islamic Scholars Council, Community Influential, Security Officials and Head of Provincial Economy Directorate.
- The team including Director of Samangan Economy Directorate, Head of Labor and Social Affairs, Rural Rehabilitation and Development Departments and Dara-e-Suf Payan District Governor Secretary have paid monitoring visit to Hand in Hand Afghanistan’s project in both Dara-e-Suf Bala and Payan District. They visited 12 groups in different locations and were happy by progress of entire project made so far and their feedback was very good.