Job Category: Program
Minimum Education Level: University (Literature graduate is preferred)
Vacancy Number: HiH-AF 003/15
Position Title: Sr. Media and Communication Officer
Organization: Hand in Hand Afghanistan
Duty Station: Balkh Regional Office with travels to Samangan, Jawzjan and Sar i Pul provinces
Duration: 31st, Dec 2015 (Extendable)
Gender: Male/ Female
Salary Range: Based on organization salary scales.
Announcing Date: Jan 5, 2015
Closing Date: Jan 17, 2015
Number of Position: 1
Job Type: Full time
Shift: 07:30 am – 04:30 pm
Experience: At least 3 years
Hand in Hand Afghanistan (HiH Af) is a not-for-profit organization based in Afghanistan. It started operations in 2007, following a request at the 2006 London Donor Conference. HiH Af is part of the international Hand in Hand (HiH) network of independent organizations, working together towards a shared vision to alleviate poverty through job creation. The overall Hand in Hand mission is to promote the economic and social empowerment of women, by supporting the creation of sustainable enterprises, improved livelihoods and jobs.
The Hand in Hand Afghanistan operates in Balkh, Kunduz, Takhar, Badakhshan, Parwan, Nangarhar, Bamian , Heart, Samangan, Jawzjan through its main office in Kabul and regional office in Mazare Sharif Balkh province. Soon its operation will be started at Sare pul province.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Senior Media and Communication Officer will be responsible to the Program Manager of Hand in Hand Afghanistan for the provision of comprehensive public relations, communication and outreach support.
- Assist in providing communications support to all program units.
- Translate the communication and outreach documents, news and reports and other publicity materials from English to Dari & Pashto and vice-versa.
- Regularly updating HiH-Af’s website, Dari, Pashto and English pages.
- Update HiH-Af’s social media accounts such as Twitter, Facebook and others.
- Support the team in organizing celebratory events, stakeholder meetings and other public events.
- Provide inputs in designing reporting templates, logo, business cards, brochures, banners, invitation card for events, etc.
- Plan and organize travel to the field to gather success stories, videos, and photographs.
- Design photographs for publication on website, newsletters and brochures.
- Interview the beneficiaries to visually document activities for HiH-Af’s publications on web sites, newsletters and prepare short video documentaries.
- Attend public events, as needed.
- Network and coordinate activities with government and partner organization as appropriate.
- Keep up-to-date electronic formats of publication archives and photographic image archives according to themes and categories. Provide timely support to staff in accessing needed information from these archives.
- Undertake any other related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- University degree is required; Literature graduated is preferred.
- At least three years of experience working for community development activities with national or international organizations.
- Experience in writing newsletters and reports,
- Ability to design brochures, booklets and project related promotional materials.
- Familiar with web designing (WordPress) to maintain and update HiH-AF website
- Well organized, self-starter.
- Fluent in Dari/Pashto and English languages (Reading, Writing and Speaking),
- Great team working, communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent in translation from English to Dari/Pashto and vice versa
- Able to deal with difficult situations, multiple deadline and work under pressure.
- Problem solving and decision making ability.
- Competency in using computers e.g Microsoft office, publisher, Photoshop and other designing applications, Outlook and Internet,
Interested applicants should submit their application comprises of one page cover letter explaining your interest and suitability for the position along with updated CV.
The application should send via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com , with the position title clearly indicated in the subject line. Please note that, applications received after the closing date (Jan 15, 2015) will not be given in consideration. Only shortlisted candidates whose application meets the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Lobbying for a position in HiH-Af, whether by the applicant or by any person acting on his or her behalf, shall result in the immediate disqualification of the candidate from further consideration.