Senior Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
|Vacancy Number:||HiH-Af 010/17|
|Position Title:||Senior Monitoring & Evaluation Officer|
|Organization:||Hand in Hand Afghanistan|
|Duty Station:||Mazar e Sharif|
|Gender:||Male or Female (preference will be given to female applicants)|
|Salary Range:||Based on the organization salary scale|
|Announcing Date:||Sep 6, 2017|
|Closing Date:||Sep 17, 2017|
|Number of Position:||1|
|Job Type:||Full time|
|Experience:||3 – 5 years|
Hand in Hand Afghanistan (HiH Af) is a not-for-profit organization based in Afghanistan. It started
operations in 2007, following a request at the 2006 London Donor Conference. HiH Af is part of the
international Hand in Hand (HiH) network of independent organizations, working together towards a
shared vision to alleviate poverty through job creation. The overall Hand in Hand mission is to promote
the economic and social empowerment of women, by supporting the creation of sustainable
enterprises, improved livelihoods and jobs.
The Hand in Hand Afghanistan currently implementing projects in Balkh and Sare Pul provinces of
Afghanistan funded by DFID and HIH-International through its main office in Kabul and regional office in
Mazar e Sharif – Balkh province.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Senior M&E officer will be responsible to the Program Manager/Deputy Program Manager
to manage the M&E team and ensure that qualitative and quantitative monitoring and evaluation
of the projects is done regularly.
The Senior M&E Officer in particular will:
- Manage, lead and supervise the M&E team
- Build capacity of the subordinates in the field of M&E and relevant tasks
- Organize the M&E activities and direct the M&E officers for conducting M&E
visits of target provinces/districts
- Supervising M&E Officers and share field findings and recommendations with
relevant departments through monitoring reports
- Ensure to collect and verify baseline data of targeted areas at the beginning and end
of the projects
- Design and conduct projects related assessments
- Develop and update projects logical frameworks regularly and closely assist the
district teams to understand and follow logical frameworks and work plan
- Prepare annual, quarterly and monthly monitoring plan for his/her team
- Support field teams to prepare case studies on successes and lessons learnt
- Conduct interviews with community elders/influences and record their feedback
about the HiH Af program and share their feedback with senior management.
- Ensure that all the captured data is entered and stored into the MIS and generate
- Perform any other duties as identified by the supervisor.
- University / bachelor degree in relevant field (Master degree will be preferred)
- At least 3 to 5 years of working experience on knowledge and skills in development of
M&E tools and qualitative and quantitative research
- Good report writing skills
- Good skills in management and leadership
- Well organized, self-starter and able to work independently or with minimum support
- A solid understanding of the local social context, ongoing development process and
gender issues would be preferred.
- Fluent in Dari/Pashto and English languages (Reading, Writing and Speaking), speaking
and understanding of local languages will be an advantage
- Great team work, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Able to deal with difficult situations, multiple deadlines and work under pressure
- Competency in using computer e.g: Word, Excel and Power Point, Outlook, Internet and
Interested applicants should submit their application comprises of one page cover letter
explaining your interest and suitability for the position along with updated CV.
The application should be sent via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and cc
email@example.com, please note that, applications received after the closing date (Sep 17,
2017) will not be given in consideration. Only shortlisted candidates whose application meets the
above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Note: Please clearly indicate the vacancy announcement number in subject line of your email.