The world is facing COVID-19 crises and Afghanistan is not excluded. Every day the number of infected people are increasing and the country’s insufficient health facilities create worries among the people.
The only way to reduce the spread of this virus is to increase awareness among people. HiH Af is proud to be able to contribute in this global effort to prevent the spread of coronavirus in Afghanistan. With support from Hand in Hand International and coordination with the local health departments, we haves started to support 4,000 households in Herat, Balkh and Parwan provinces with a majority focus on IDPs and returnees who are more prone to risk. This includes raising awareness about the risks of coronavirus and ways to prevent its transmission through posters and flyers and in person orientation to each household, and access to hygiene products and disinfectants for cleaning the households and appliances.
Health tips and key messages based on the ministry of public health include:
- Washing your hands several times a day with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Maintain social distancing.
- Avoid close contact with people who have got flu and cold.
- Avoid handshake and hugging.
- When coughing and sneezing cover your mouth and nose with tissue paper or your elbow.
- Use vegetables and fruits that are rich in vitamin C to improve your immune system.
- Avoid going to crowded places.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces and appliance you often touch.