|Education:||At least Bachelor of Business Administration or related degree|
|Vacancy Number:||HiH-AF 009/17|
|Position Title:||Project Manager|
|Organization:||Hand in Hand Afghanistan|
|Duty Station:||Balkh Province|
|Duration:||4 Months (Sep – Dec 2017)|
|Salary Range:||Based on the organization salary scale|
|Announcing Date:||27 Aug 2017|
|Closing Date:||Sep 05 2017|
|Number of Position:||1|
|Job Type:||Full time|
|Experience:||at least 3 years working experienced with NGOs in the relevant sector|
Hand in Hand Afghanistan (HiH Af) is a registered NGO operating in Afghanistan since 2006 with a vision of an Afghanistan free of poverty where gender equality is its cornerstone. HiH AF is a member of Hand in Hand Global Network of independent organizations with a shared mission to alleviate poverty and gender inequality through the creation of enterprises and jobs. The HiH Network has operations in India, Afghanistan, Kenya and Rwanda with fundraising and support offices (Hand in Hand International in London, and Hand in Hand Sweden in Stockholm). HiH Af has been implementing projects in Northern provinces of Afghanistan funded by DFID, European Commission, CAFOD HiH-International.
- Job Descriptions:
To manage and implement the project, supervise the vocational trainers and facilitate formation of poultry farms and work towards improvement of poultry value chain at the project target area.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
Engaging all stakeholders including governmental departments, local communities CDCs and DDA in to the project.
- Coordinate the project with partners such as the Department of Refugees and Repatriations and Department of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock.
- Prepare weekly and monthly implementation plan for his/her subordinates.
- Follow up of weekly and monthly plans with the vocational trainers on daily basis.
- Ensure the capacity of vocational trainers are built and they are able to implement the project.
- Ensure enough awareness is given about the project to the target communities.
- Ensure that project beneficiaries are mobilized in to the program as per defined criteria.
- Facilitate and supervise collection and compilation of socio-economic data of the beneficiaries.
- Ensure and supervise delivery of poultry vocational training to the project beneficiaries.
- Participate in review meetings and conduct regular meeting with other project staff to review progress.
- Monitor performance of the vocational trainers on regular basis.
- In cooperation with the procurement unit, plan and facilitate the procurement of enterprise startup kits to be distributed to the project beneficiaries.
- Facilitate formation of sector-specific associations among the project beneficiaries.
- Ensure capacity of the association members are built through provision of specific trainings.
- Ensure that associations are linked to the market and work towards improvement of their poultry value chain.
- Identify problems and challenges and take necessary actions to resolve issues.
- Maintenance paper and soft copies of documents related to the project.
- Prepare monthly progress report and any report as deemed necessary by the management.
- Perform any other task related to the project as per the management instructions.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- At least Bachelor of Business Administration or related degree.
- Ability to travel to the districts of Balkh province and within Mazar-e-Sharif city.
- Good communication skills (oral and written) in Dari, Pashto and English.
- Experience of at least 3 years working with NGOs in the relevant sector
- Personal attributes: Honest and hard working
- Respectful of rural cultures
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and independently,
Interested applicant should submit an updated CV along with an application letter explaining her interest and suitability for the above mentioned position.
The application should submit her application via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and cc email@example.com . Please note that, applications received after the closing date (Sep 05, 2017) will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates whose application meets the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Note: Please clearly indicate the position and vacancy announcement number in subject line of your email.