|Minimum Education Level:||University level or High School graduate with relevant experiences|
|Position Title:||Social Mobilizer|
|Organization:||Hand in Hand Afghanistan Organization (HIHAO)|
|Duty Station:||Chemtal and Charbolak districts of Balkh province|
|Duration:||Project Base (05 month)|
|Salary Range:||Based on the organization salary scale|
|Announcing Date:||Feb 14, 2022|
|Closing Date:||Feb 20, 2022|
|Number of Position:||7|
|Job Type:||Full time|
|Shift:||7:30 AM – 04:30 PM|
|Experience:||Two years of relevant work experience|
Hand in Hand Afghanistan Organization (HIHAO) is a not-for-profit organization based in Afghanistan. It started operations in 2007. HIHAO is part of the international Hand in Hand (HiH) network of independent organizations, working together towards a shared vision to alleviate poverty through job creation. HIHAO’s vision is an Afghanistan where all citizens have access to qualitative and comprehensive services, where their fundamental rights are met without discrimination of gender or ethnicity.
HIHAO has implemented projects funded by DFID, European Union, CAFOD, WFP, GIZ, USAID, World Bank, Danida, Sida, Hilti Foundation, UN OCHA and Hand in Hand International through its main office in Kabul and a regional office in Mazar-e-Sharif.
Hand in Hand Afghanistan is implementing the Provision of food assistance to food insecure and vulnerable households in Charbolak and Chemtal districts of Balkh province. It is a 5-month project funded by UN OCHA.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Social organizers will mobilize the communities and facilitate the distribution of cash. They will be in direct contact with the selected households and will make sure that the cash provided will be spent on food. The social organizers will be engaged at different stages of the project and are full-time employees.
Social Organizers will be working under the direct supervision of team leaders and will collect data for the project baseline assessment in the Chemtal and Charbolak districts of Balkh province.
- Attend the orientation session on data collection and application of Kobo Collect for the baseline survey.
- Prepare weekly and monthly plans for social mobilization, data collection of the baseline survey, and other project activities.
- From the community selection committees for the identification and selection of food insecure and vulnerable people as project participants.
- Conduct outreach meetings and explain the project goal, objectives, and beneficiary selection criteria for the community elders and selection committee and keep them informed to avoid any interference in the survey and selection process.
- Manage social mobilization activities and make sure the most vulnerable households are introduced and taken into the survey of beneficiaries.
- Facilitate Cash distribution for cash for food assistance to food insecure and vulnerable people as project participants.
- Will be in direct contact with the selected households and will make sure that the cash provided will be spent on food.
- Take specific notes on beneficiaries’ data while conducting data collection surveys.
- Conduct the data collection for baseline assessment in the Chemtal and Charbolak districts of Balkh province.
- Verify the accuracy of survey data, including measurements and calculations conducted at survey sites.
- Report to the project team leader on regular basis and keep close coordination on each step of data collection and survey.
- Prepare site surveying documents and present findings to the project team for wise beneficiary selection.
- Perform any other task deemed necessary by the supervisor.
- University level or High School graduate with relevant experiences.
- The incumbents should be couples with legal Muharram relations.
- Past working experience with KOBO Data Collection Tool is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of using smartphones and tablets
- Knowledge of Kobo Collect is a strong point
- Know local language Pashto and Dari
- Having good coordination/liaison skills
- Skills of conduction of door to door household survey
Interested applicants should submit his/ her application comprised of a one-page cover letter explaining his / her interest and suitability for the position along with an updated CV.
The application should send via email to: email@example.com and a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org, please note that applications received after the closing date (Feb 20, 2022) will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates whose application meets the above criteria will be contacted for an interview.
Note: Please clearly indicate the vacancy announcement number in the subject line of your email.