|Education:||Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering|
|Vacancy Number:||HiH-AF 006/20|
|Position Title:||Chief Engineer|
|Organization:||Hand in Hand Afghanistan|
|Duty Station:||Pul e Khomri|
|Duration:||Project Base (3 years)|
|Gender:||Female & Male|
|Announcing Date:||May 21, 2020|
|Closing Date:||June 10, 2020|
|Number of Position:||One|
|Job Type:||Full Time 07:30 AM – 04:30 PM|
|Experience:||Six years’ work experience|
Hand in Hand Afghanistan (HiH Af) is a not-for-profit organization based in Afghanistan. It started operations in 2007. HiH Af is part of the international Hand in Hand (HiH Int’l) network of independent organizations, working together towards a shared vision to alleviate poverty through job creation. The overall Hand in Hand mission is to promote the economic and social empowerment of women, by supporting the creation of sustainable enterprises, improved livelihoods and jobs.
The Hand in Hand Afghanistan currently implementing projects in north of Afghanistan funded by DFID, European Commission, USADI, CAFOD, UNWFP, GIZ, Australian Aid, Hilti Foundation, SIDA, MISEREOR and Hand in Hand – International through its main office in Kabul and regional office in Mazar e Sharif – Balkh province.
HiH-Afghanistan is sourcing qualified and experienced civil engineering professionals with relevant experience in engineering, infrastructure and technical design. The position is required to work with communities in urban areas and facilitate a community-led development process.
- Assist to plan, develop, implement and direct infrastructure projects and ensure quality implementation, operational and fiscal function and performance.
- Support the package manager and city manager to partner by developing and designing infrastructure projects.
- Assist to analyze and make recommendation on the list of projects that the communities can include in their community development plans.
- Provide support to the community development planning process.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- Minimum 6 years of work experience out of which 3 years should be in the capacity of public infrastructure/ engineering/ technical design projects
Interested applicant should submit his/ her application comprises of one page cover letter explaining his / her interest and suitability for the position along with updated CV.
The application should send via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com, please note that, applications received after the closing date (June 10, 2020) will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates whose application meets the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Please clearly indicate the vacancy announcement number in subject line of your email.
Interested and qualified applicants are encouraged to apply through joblinks.af website.