Member of Board of Directors Job Re-announcement
|Position||Member of Board of Directors|
|Education||Bachelor degree, Master degree is preferable|
|Position Title:||Member of Board of Directors|
|Organization:||Hand in Hand Afghanistan Organization (HIHAO)|
|Contract Duration:||3 years, extendable|
|sex:||2 Male; 3 Female|
|Salary Range:||This is a Volunteer Part time position (No Salary)|
|Announcing Date:||15 May 2022|
|Last date for receiving Application:||30 May 2022|
|Number of Position:||five|
|Job Type:||Volunteer part time|
|Experience:||Minimum 5 years in leadership position of NGOs or Private sector development|
Hand in Hand Afghanistan Organization (HIHAO) is a National NGO registered under License # 890 with the Ministry of Economy, Afghanistan. HIHAO is a member of Hand in Hand (HiH) global network of independent organizations, working together towards a shared vision to alleviate poverty through job creation. HIHAO mission is to enable disadvantaged communities to determine their own development and enhance their livelihoods, increase social cohesion, reduce violence and promote peace. HIHAO provides assistance to victims of humanitarian crisis, to protect their lives and dignity.
Board of Directors is consists of volunteers professionals from outside of the organization to oversees the performance of the Executive team and to ensure that the organization is working towards the achievement of its goal and objectives, in an efficient and transparent manners.
Duties of the board:
1. Provide ongoing advice to the chairperson and other members of the executive team to implement the decisions of the general assembly and improve the performance of the Organization.
2. Addressing the requests and complaints of employees if not resolved by the Executive team.
3. Assist and fundraising efforts and finding funding sources for the activities of the Organization.
4. Keep relation with the NGO’s coordination bodies, Civil Society Organizations and Government departments.
5. Submitting suggestions for amendments of the Organization bylaw to the General Assembly.
6. Review of the Organization financial statements (income and expenses) on six months and annual basis.
7. Hearing the reports of the executive team on the progress of project activities and financial statement (income and expenses) in the meetings of the board of directors.
8. Appointment of the executive director through fear and competitive process and his/her dismissal in accordance with the applicable laws and the statute of the Organization.
9. Approval of the Organization annual work plan and specific projects work plan.
10. Controlling and overseeing the revenues and expenditures of the Organization.
11. Approval of the establishment of field offices of the organization with regard to the relevant plan.
12. Participate in the Organization Annual General Assembly.
Qualifications and requirement:
- Have a higher education at least at the bachelor’s level.
- Have at least 5 years of work experience in the management and leadership of NGOs or private sector.
- Not be relatives of executive staff and other board members of the Organization.
- Have no business or financial relationship with the Organization during the previous years.
- Ability to speak, read and write very well in English and Dari/Pashto.
Interested applicants should submit their applications comprised of a one-page cover letter explaining his / her interest and suitability for the position along with an updated CV.
The application should send via email to: email@example.com , please note that applications received after the closing date (My 30, 2022) will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates whose application meets the above criteria will be contacted for an interview.
Note: This is a volunteer part time position, the candidate should not have any remuneration expectation as being member of Board of director.