Economic Development Specialist
|Education:||Bachelor’s degree or higher in Economics or Business|
|Vacancy Number:||HiH-AF 002/20|
|Position Title:||Economic Development Specialist|
|Organization:||Hand in Hand Afghanistan|
|Duty Station:||Pul e Khomri|
|Duration:||Project Base (3 years)|
|Gender:||Female & Male|
|Announcing Date:||May 21, 2020|
|Closing Date:||June 10, 2020|
|Number of Position:||One|
|Job Type:||Full Time 07:30 AM – 04:30 PM|
|Experience:||Six years’ work experience|
Hand in Hand Afghanistan (HiH Af) is a not-for-profit organization based in Afghanistan. It started operations in 2007. HiH Af is part of the international Hand in Hand (HiH Int’l) network of independent organizations, working together towards a shared vision to alleviate poverty through job creation. The overall Hand in Hand mission is to promote the economic and social empowerment of women, by supporting the creation of sustainable enterprises, improved livelihoods and jobs.
The Hand in Hand Afghanistan currently implementing projects in north of Afghanistan funded by DFID, European Commission, USADI, CAFOD, UNWFP, GIZ, Australian Aid, Hilti Foundation, SIDA, MISEREOR and Hand in Hand – International through its main office in Kabul and regional office in Mazar e Sharif – Balkh province.
HiH-Afghanistan is sourcing qualified candidates for the position of Economic Development Specialist with relevant experience in economic development, small and medium enterprise development, product development, marketing, and market linkages.
- Prepares market assessments for SME support, business startup, planning, operations, growth and expansion
- Consult business owners in the city of Puli Khumri on the challenges, opportunities and solutions that exist in different sectors.
- Design modular competency-based training materials and provide technical training sessions to business owners.
- Provides support to local businesses to create sectoral level priorities.
- Provides support, guidance and encouragement to participants, as needed, so they may achieve their training and placement targets.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Economics or Business Administration
- At least 6 years of work experience out of which 3 years should be in the field of economic development
Interested applicant should submit his/ her application comprises of one page cover letter explaining his / her interest and suitability for the position along with updated CV.
The application should send via email to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org, please note that, applications received after the closing date (June 10, 2020) will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates whose application meets the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Please clearly indicate the vacancy announcement number in subject line of your email.
Interested and qualified applicants are encouraged to apply through joblinks.af website.