Country Chief Trainer – Citizens’ Charter Project
|Minimum Education Level:||Master Degree|
|Vacancy Number:||HiH-AF 008/16|
|Position Title:||Country Chief Trainer – Citizens’ Charter Project|
|Organization:||Hand in Hand Afghanistan|
|Duty Station:||Kabul / Mazar|
|Duration:||Project Base (Three Years)|
|Gender:||Female & Male|
|Salary Range:||Based on the organization salary scale|
|Announcing Date:||October 27, 2016|
|Closing Date:||November 07, 2016|
|Number of Position:||One|
|Job Type:||Full time|
|Shift:||07:30 am – 04:30 pm|
|Experience:||At least 6 years|
Hand in Hand Afghanistan (HiH Af) is a not-for-profit organization based in Afghanistan. It started operations in 2007, following a request at the 2006 London Donor Conference. HiH Af is part of the international Hand in Hand (HiH) network of independent organizations, working together towards a shared vision to alleviate poverty through job creation. The overall Hand in Hand mission is to promote the economic and social empowerment of women, by supporting the creation of sustainable enterprises, improved livelihoods and jobs.
The Hand in Hand Afghanistan currently implementing projects in Balkh, Samangan, Jawzjan and Sare Pul provinces of Afghanistan funded by DFID, EU and HiH International through its main office in Kabul and regional office in Mazare Sharif – Balkh province.
The Government of Afghanistan plans to implement the Citizens’ Charter Afghanistan Program (CCAP) to improve service delivery to communities across the country. Hand in Hand is shortlisted to submit a proposal as Facilitating Partner for the CCAP for selected urban communities in Mazar-e-Sharif city.
In advertising this position, Hand in Hand is aiming to identify and select a qualified candidate for the above mentioned position. His/her CV will become part of a bid for CCAP proposal. The selected candidate will be awarded the contract, if the proposal is accepted and the candidate is also approved by the donor.
Duties & Responsibilities:
To design capacity building and training activities and ensure their smooth delivery (e.g. curriculum development, trainer recruitment, development of training materials), in cooperation with Provincial Trainers. He / she will report to Country Project Manager.
In particular he/ she will:
- Training needs assessment of staff and communities (Community Development Council, District Development Associations and Sub-Committees) within the province.
- To identify specific technical needs for experts staff within the team.
- To provide induction, on-the-job and refresher trainings to CCAP staff that has been newly hired or is current working for Hand in Hand – Af and its partners.
- To conduct required capacity building and training needs assessments at national and provincial level, in cooperation with the Provincial Trainers, and oversee the development of an overall capacity building strategy.
- To make sure that (Citizens Charter Afghanistan Program) training report compiled accurately and submitted to CCAP on monthly and quarterly basis.
- Preparation of annual & quarterly training plan.
- To develop / prepare training manuals & materials based on needs.
To monitor delivery and goal of capacity building activities, suggest and implement improvements
- Any other tasks assigned by top management.
(Preferred) Master’s degree or higher in Urban development or similar and at least 5 years of relevant work experience.
(Minimum required) Bachelor’s Degree completed in relevant field and minimum 6 years of relevant work experience.
Adequacy for the assignment
(Preferred) Work in senior positions related to capacity development, training design and assessment, human resource development etc in large Urban development projects for a minimum period of 6 years.
(Minimum required) Work as senior trainer of trainers in large Urban development projects for a minimum period of 3 years
Experience in the region:
Experience working for minimum in:
- Afghanistan in Balkh Province in NSP Program two years
- Afghanistan in other provinces in NSP Program four years.
- Working knowledge of English, Dari and Pashto.
Interested applicant should submit his/ her application comprises of one page cover letter explaining his / her interest and suitability for the position along with updated CV.
The application should send via email to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org, please note that, applications received after the closing date (Nov 07, 2016) will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates whose application meets the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Note: Please clearly indicate the vacancy announcement number in subject line of your email.