|Minimum Education Level:||University degree|
|Position Title:||Media Officer|
|Organization:||Hand in Hand Afghanistan Organization (HIHAO)|
|Duty Station:||Balkh province|
|Duration:||One year with possibility of extension|
|Salary Range:||Based on the organization salary scale|
|Announcing Date:||April 06, 2022|
|Closing Date:||April 18, 2022|
|Number of Position:||One|
|Job Type:||Full time|
|Shift:||7:30 AM – 04:30 PM|
|Experience:||At least three years of related experience|
Hand in Hand Afghanistan Organization (HIHAO) is a not-for-profit organization based in Afghanistan. It started operations in 2007. HIHAO is a member of Hand in Hand (HiH) global network of independent organizations, working together towards a shared vision to alleviate poverty through job creation. The overall Hand in Hand mission is to promote the economic and social empowerment of women, by supporting the creation of sustainable enterprises, improved livelihoods and jobs.
HIHAO has implemented projects funded by DFID, European Union, CAFOD, WFP, GIZ, USAID, WB, Danida, Sida, Hilti Foundation, and Hand in Hand International in Afghanistan.
The Media Officer will be responsible to the Program Manager of Hand in Hand Afghanistan for the provision of comprehensive media, public relations, communication and outreach support.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in providing communications support to all program units.
- Translate the communication and outreach documents, news and reports and other publicity materials from English to Dari, Pashto and vice-versa.
- Update HIHAO’s website on regular basis in three languages; Dari, Pashto and English.
- Update HIHAO’s social media accounts such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and others on regular basis.
- Support the team in organizing events such as stakeholder meetings, exhibitions and fairs.
- Provide inputs and support in designing reporting templates, logo, business cards, brochures, banners, invitation card for events, etc.
- Preparing and designing annual reports for the organization.
- Plan and organize travel to the field to gather success stories, videos, and photographs and make sure that consents are taken for each photograph and stories.
- Design photographs for publication on website, newsletters and brochures.
- Interview the beneficiaries to visually document activities for HIHAO’s publications on web sites, newsletters and prepare short video documentaries.
- Attend public events, as needed.
- Network and coordinate activities with governmental departments and partner organization as needed.
- Keep up-to-date electronic formats of publication archives and photographic image archives according to themes and categories. Provide timely support to staff in accessing needed information from these archives.
- Preparing and writing media release about events and ongoing issues based on need.
- Work to improve HIHAO’s visibility and presence on social media.
- Monitor, review, and analyze comments and conversations on HIHAO’s website and also on social media such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.
- Establish linkages with different TV and Radio channels to reflect HIHAO’s works on broadcast media and accompany journalists to visit and interview project beneficiaries in the field.
- Undertake any other related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- University degree is required; Journalism, media studies or public relations is preferred.
- At least three years of experience working with media, communication, public relations in development sector.
- Familiar with tools such as camera and camcorders for shooting video and photography.
- Experience in writing newsletters, media release and reports.
- Ability to design brochures, booklets and project related promotional materials using appropriate software.
- Familiar with web designing (WordPress) to maintain and update HIHAO’s website.
- Creativity and innovation in media works is a must.
- Fluent in Dari/Pashto and English languages (Reading, Writing and Speaking),
- Great team working, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent in translation from English to Dari/Pashto and vice versa.
- Able to deal with difficult situations, multiple deadline and work under pressure.
- Competency in using computers e.g Microsoft office, Publisher, Photoshop, Premier and other designing applications.
Interested applicants should submit their applications comprised of a one-page cover letter explaining his / her interest and suitability for the position along with an updated CV.
The application should send via email to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org please note that applications received after the closing date (April 18, 2022) will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates whose application meets the above criteria will be contacted for an interview.
Note: Please clearly indicate the vacancy announcement number in the subject line of your email.