Poultry Vocational Trainer
|Bachelor degree/ Masters Prefered
|Poultry Vocational Trainer
|Hand in Hand Afghanistan
|Four Months (Sep – Dec 2017)
|3 Male & 3 Female
|Based on the organization salary scale
|Aug 22, 2017
|Sep 4, 2017
|Number of Position:
|2-3 years working experience
Hand in Hand Afghanistan (HiH Af) is a registered NGO operating in Afghanistan since 2006 with a vision of an Afghanistan free of poverty where gender equality is its cornerstone. HiH AF is a member of Hand in Hand Global Network of independent organizations with a shared mission to alleviate poverty and gender inequality through the creation of enterprises and jobs. The HiH Network has operations in India, Afghanistan, Kenya and Rwanda with fundraising and support offices (Hand in Hand International in London, and Hand in Hand Sweden in Stockholm). HiH Af has been implementing projects in Northern provinces of Afghanistan funded by DFID, European Commission and HiH-International.
The poultry vocational trainer mobilizes project beneficiaries in to groups and provides poultry vocational skills training to group members and enable them to practically run their enterprises and becoming benefit earners.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Work to create awareness about the project in the designated areas and engage local stakeholders in the process….
- Mobilize members in to groups and collect their bio data at baseline
- Trains vocational training subjects to members through developed manuals and visual aids.
- Develops his/her monthly action plan and travels to districts/villages to implement the project activities.
- Conducts practical poultry training using training material provided
- Conducts experimental training to ensure learning of the participants
- Brings necessary amendments to the training package in coordination of his/her supervisor if needed
- Ensures that the training met the needs of the identified classes.
- Tests and evaluates improvement and achievement of members in technical knowledge and vocational skills through conducting pretest and posttest and other on the job evaluations.
- Prepares monthly training plan for vocational classes.
- Takes photos and video clips while delivering of vocation trainings to the beneficiaries for visibility of the project.
- Observes and evaluate the classes to determine progress and make suggestions for improvements.
- Prepares and submits the monthly reports to the project manager and Capacity Development Unit relating to monthly activities carried out.
- Perform any other tasks as required by the project.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- University graduated from Agriculture and livestock or similar studies
- 2-3 years working experience with NGOs or Government departments
- Willing to work in Mazar-e-Sharif and the districts of Balkh province.
- Good communication skills (oral and written) in Dari/ Pashto. Uzbeks is privilege.
- Personal attributes: Honest and hardworking.
- Respectful of Village culture and community traditions.
- Ability to collaboratively work in a team environment.
Interested applicant should submit an updated CV along with an application letter explaining her interest and suitability for the above mentioned position.
The application should submit her application via email to: email@example.com and cc firstname.lastname@example.org . Please note that, applications received after the closing date (Aug 29, 2017) will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates whose application meets the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Note: Please clearly indicate the position and vacancy announcement number in subject line of your email.