|Minimum Education Level:||University graduated with relevant working experiences.|
|Position Title:||Team Leader|
|Organization:||Hand in Hand Afghanistan Organization (HIHAO)|
|Duty Station:||Chemtal and Charbolak districts of Balkh province|
|Duration:||Project Base (05 month)|
|Salary Range:||Based on the organization salary scale|
|Announcing Date:||Feb 14, 2022|
|Closing Date:||Feb 20, 2022|
|Number of Position:||2|
|Job Type:||Full time|
|Shift:||7:30 AM – 04:30 PM|
|Experience:||Two years of relevant work experience|
Hand in Hand Afghanistan Organization (HIHAO) is a not-for-profit organization based in Afghanistan. It started operations in 2007. HIHAO is part of the international Hand in Hand (HiH) network of independent organizations, working together towards a shared vision to alleviate poverty through job creation. HIHAO’s vision is an Afghanistan where all citizens have access to qualitative and comprehensive services, where their fundamental rights are met without discrimination of gender or ethnicity.
HIHAO has implemented projects funded by DFID, European Union, CAFOD, WFP, GIZ, USAID, World Bank, Danida, Sida, Hilti Foundation, UN OCHA and Hand in Hand International through its main office in Kabul and a regional office in Mazar-e-Sharif.
Hand in Hand Afghanistan is implementing the Provision of food assistance to food insecure and vulnerable households in Charbolak and Chemtal districts of Balkh province. It is a 5-month project funded by UN OCHA.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Team Leaders will be responsible for the smooth implementation of the project and coordination in their designated districts. Two team leaders will be hired one in Charbolak and one in Chemtal district and they will be based at the district level to supervisor the social organizers and enumerators. The team leaders will report to the project manager.
- Prepare weekly and monthly plans, implement, monitor, and oversee the project activities at the assigned district with support from the Project Manager.
- Coordinate with the community selection committee for the identification and selection of food insecure and vulnerable people as project participants.
- Explain the project goal and objectives and criteria with the stakeholders and keep them informed to avoid any interference in the survey and selection process.
- Conduct community engagement and consultation meetings and lead the village and beneficiaries’ selection process at the district level.
- Ensure project activities are implemented in line with donor requirements and in accordance with HIHAO and standard humanitarian procedures and policies.
- Verify the accuracy of survey data, including measurements and calculations conducted at survey sites.
- Oversee and lead the team of enumerators and social organizers in the conduction of baseline survey, beneficiary identification, and selection.
- Report to the project manager on regular basis and keep close coordination on each step of project activities
- Ensure fraud prevention measures are in place and monitored regularly. Immediate notification of any suspicion of fraudulent activity amongst the project team, community, or external links.
- Participate in relevant coordination meetings at the district level and represent HIHAO.
- Adhere all HIHAO Regulations and policies and humanitarian Standard Operating Procedures and maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting as required by internal policies, government regulations, and donor requirements.
- Perform any other task deemed necessary by the supervisor.
- University graduated with relevant working experiences.
- Applicants from the local communities of Charbolak and Chemtal districts or familiar with districts are preferred.
- Experience in cash transfer projects/distribution (at least 2 years)
- Experience in writing reports and case studies.
- Ease with MS Excel and MS Word.
- Experience working with cloud-based file management.
- Knowledge of Kobo Collect is a strong point
- Knowledge of local language Pashto and Dari
- Having good coordination/liaison skills
Interested applicants should submit their application comprised of a one-page cover letter explaining their interest and suitability for the position along with an updated CV.
The application should send via email to: email@example.com and a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org, please note that applications received after the closing date (Feb 20, 2022) will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates whose application meets the above criteria will be contacted for an interview.
Note: Please clearly indicate the vacancy announcement number in the subject line of your email.