Poultry Vocational Trainer
|Vacancy Number:||HiH-Af 011/17|
|Position Title:||Poultry Vocational Trainer|
|Organization:||Hand in Hand Afghanistan|
|Duty Station:||Mazar e Sharif|
|Duration:||4 Months (Extendable)|
|Salary Range:||Based on the organization salary scale|
|Announcing Date:||Dec 18, 2017|
|Closing Date:||Dec 25, 2017|
|Number of Position:||1|
|Job Type:||07:30 AM – 04:30 PM|
|Experience:||3 – 5 years|
Hand in Hand Afghanistan (HiH Af) is a registered NGO operating in Afghanistan since 2006 with a vision of an Afghanistan free of poverty where gender equality is its cornerstone. HiH AF is a member of Hand in Hand Global Network of independent organizations with a shared mission to alleviate poverty and gender inequality through the creation of enterprises and jobs. The HiH Network has operations in India, Afghanistan, Kenya and Rwanda with fundraising and support offices (Hand in Hand International in London and Hand in Hand Sweden in Stockholm).
HiH Af has been implementing projects in Northern provinces of Afghanistan funded by DFID, European Commission, CAFOD, GIZ and HiH-International.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The poultry vocational trainer mobilizes project beneficiaries in to groups and provides poultry vocational skills training to group members and enable them to practically run their enterprises and becoming benefit earners.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work to create awareness about the project in the designated areas and engage local stakeholders in the process….
- Mobilize members in to groups and collect their biodata at baseline
- Trains vocational training subjects to members through developed manuals and visual aids.
- Develops his/her monthly action plan and travels to districts/villages to implement the project activities.
- Conducts practical poultry training using training material provided
- Conducts experimental training to ensure learning of the participants
- Brings necessary amendments to the training package in coordination of his/her supervisor if needed
- Ensures that the training met the needs of the identified classes.
- Tests and evaluates improvement and achievement of members in technical knowledge and vocational skills through conducting pretest and post-test and other on the job evaluations.
- Prepares monthly training plan for vocational classes.
- Takes photos and video clips while delivering of vocation trainings to the beneficiaries for visibility of the project.
- Observes and evaluate the classes to determine progress and make suggestions for improvements.
- Prepares and submits the monthly reports to the project manager and.
- Perform any other tasks as required by the project.
- University graduated from Agriculture and livestock or similar studies
- 2-3 years working experience with NGOs or Government departments
- Willing to work in Mazar-e-Sharif and the districts of Balkh province.
- Good communication skills (oral and written) in Dari/ Pashto. Uzbeks is privilege.
- Personal attributes: Honest and hardworking.
- Respectful of Village culture and community traditions.
Interested applicants should submit their application comprises of one page cover letter explaining your interest and suitability for the position along with updated CV.
The application should be sent via email to: email@example.com and cc firstname.lastname@example.org, please note that, applications received after the closing date (Dec 25, 2017) will not be given in consideration. Only shortlisted candidates whose application meets the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Note: Please clearly indicate the vacancy announcement number in subject line of your email.