Provincial Trainer – Citizen Charter Project
|Minimum Education Level:||University Graduated|
|Vacancy Number:||HiH-AF 011/16|
|Position Title:||Provincial Trainer – Citizen Charter Project|
|Organization:||Hand in Hand Afghanistan|
|Duty Station:||Mazar e Sharif|
|Duration:||Project Base (Three years)|
|Gender:||Female & Male|
|Salary Range:||Based on the organization salary scale|
|Announcing Date:||October 27, 2016|
|Closing Date:||November 07, 2016|
|Number of Position:||One|
|Job Type:||Full time|
|Shift:||07:30 am – 04:30 pm|
|Experience:||At least 5 years|
Hand in Hand Afghanistan (HiH Af) is a not-for-profit organization based in Afghanistan. It started operations in 2007, following a request at the 2006 London Donor Conference. HiH Af is part of the international Hand in Hand (HiH) network of independent organizations, working together towards a shared vision to alleviate poverty through job creation. The overall Hand in Hand mission is to promote the economic and social empowerment of women, by supporting the creation of sustainable enterprises, improved livelihoods and jobs.
The Hand in Hand Afghanistan currently implementing projects in Balkh, Samangan, Jawzjan and Sare Pul provinces of Afghanistan funded by DFID, EU and HiH International through its main office in Kabul and regional office in Mazare Sharif – Balkh province.
The Government of Afghanistan plans to implement the Citizens’ Charter Afghanistan Program (CCAP) to improve service delivery to communities across the country. Hand in Hand is shortlisted to submit a proposal as Facilitating Partner for the CCAP for selected urban communities in Mazar-e-Sharif city.
In advertising this position, Hand in Hand is aiming to identify and select a qualified candidate for the above mentioned position. His/her CV will become part of a bid for CCAP proposal. The selected candidate will be awarded the contract, if the proposal is accepted and the candidate is also approved by the donor.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Provincial Trainer is responsible for ensuring the project’s strategic implantation of all capacity building and training at provincial and district level. This will include ToTs, supervision and review of training materials and curriculums. The Provincial Trainer reports to Country Chief Trainer Provincial Manager.
In particular the Provincial Trainer will:
- Build the capacity of and support Hand in Hand – Af, partner and government social organizers to effectively implement the training modules included in the CCAP operations manual;
- Provide critical inputs in strategic planning and review of capacity and learning development initiatives.
- Support the Chief Trainer to undertake training needs assessments for Hand in Hand – Af and partner CCAP staff, and contribute to on-the-job and refresher trainings to address any gaps and build capacity;
- Ensure the timely and accurate development of CCAP training reports;
- Ensure trainings are inclusive, and are meaningful for vulnerable persons
- Develop mechanisms that lead to enhanced capacity amongst citizens for collective action, enabling them to raise their voices and engage with and hold government staff and other social actors accountable;
- Develop efficient monitoring systems to detect strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities of awareness, capacity and learning development initiatives. Ensure that social organizers and trainers take into account such learning’s to enhance their methodology.
- Operationalize capacity and learning development initiatives at community, CDC, sector, district and provincial levels.
- Undertake regular field visits for monitoring of CCAP training sessions and support for social organizers;
- Any other tasks assigned by the Country Chief Trainer and/or Provincial Manager.
(Preferred) Bachelor’s degree or higher in Urban development or similar and at least 3 years of relevant work experience.
(Minimum required) Higher Secondary School Completion Certificate plus trainings and certifications completed in relevant field and minimum 6 years of relevant work experience (up to 20%)
Adequacy for the assignment:
(Preferred) Work as Trainer of Trainers for a minimum period of 3 years.
(Minimum required) Work as trainer, monitor or senior social organizer for a minimum period of 6 years.
Experience in the region
Experience working for minimum in:
- Afghanistan in Balkh Province in NSP Program two years
- Afghanistan in other provinces in NSP Program four years.
- Working knowledge of English, Dari and Pashto.
Interested applicant should submit his/ her application comprises of one page cover letter explaining his / her interest and suitability for the position along with updated CV.
The application should send via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com, please note that, applications received after the closing date (Nov 07, 2016) will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates whose application meets the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Note: Please clearly indicate the vacancy announcement number in subject line of your email.