Sr. Monitoring & Evaluation Officer Re announced (Female)
|Minimum Education Level:||University Graduated|
|Vacancy Number:||HiH-AF 007/16|
|Position Title:||Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer|
|Organization:||Hand in Hand Afghanistan|
|Duty Station:||Mazar e Sharif|
|Salary Range:||Based on the organization salary scale|
|Announcing Date:||October 17, 2016|
|Closing Date:||October 25, 2016|
|Number of Position:||One|
|Job Type:||Full time|
|Shift:||07:30 am – 04:30 pm|
Hand in Hand Afghanistan (HiH Af) is a not-for-profit organization based in Afghanistan. It started operations in 2007, following a request at the 2006 London Donor Conference. HiH Af is part of the international Hand in Hand (HiH) network of independent organizations, working together towards a shared vision to alleviate poverty through job creation. The overall Hand in Hand mission is to promote the economic and social empowerment of women, by supporting the creation of sustainable enterprises, improved livelihoods and jobs.
The Hand in Hand Afghanistan is currently implementing projects in Balkh, Samangan and Sar i Pul provinces of Afghanistan funded by DFID, EU and HIH-International through its main office in Kabul and regional office in Mazar e Sharif – Balkh province.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Senior M&E officer will be responsible to the Program Manager/Deputy Program Manager to manage the M&E team and ensure that qualitative and quantitative monitoring and evaluation of the projects is done regularly.
The Senior M&E Officer in particular will:
- Manage, lead and supervise the M&E team
- Build capacity of the subordinates in the field of M&E and relevant tasks
- Organize the M&E activities and direct the M&E officers for conducting M&E visits of target provinces/districts
- Supervising M&E Officers and share field findings and recommendations with relevant departments through monitoring reports
- Ensure to collect and verify baseline data of targeted areas at the beginning and end of the projects
- Design and conduct projects related assessments
- Develop and update projects logical frameworks regularly and closely assist the district teams to understand and follow logical frameworks and work plan
- Prepare annual, quarterly and monthly monitoring plan for his/her team
- Support field teams to prepare case studies on successes and lessons learnt
- Conduct interviews with community elders/influences and record their feedback about the HiH Af program and share their feedback with senior management.
- Ensure that all the captured data is entered and stored into the MIS and generate periodic report.
- Perform any other duties as identified by the supervisor.
- University / bachelor degree in relevant field (Master degree will be preferred)
- At least 3 to 5 years of working experience on knowledge and skills in development of M&E tools and qualitative and quantitative research
- Good report writing skills
- Good skills in management and leadership
- Well organized, self-starter and able to work independently or with minimum support
- A solid understanding of the local social context, ongoing development process and gender issues would be preferred.
- Fluent in Dari/Pashto and English languages (Reading, Writing and Speaking), speaking and understanding of local languages will be an advantage
- Great team work, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Able to deal with difficult situations, multiple deadlines and work under pressure
- Competency in using computer e.g: Word, Excel and Power Point, Outlook, Internet and database
Interested applicants should submit their application comprises of one page cover letter explaining your interest and suitability for the position along with updated CV.
The application should send via email to: email@example.com and cc firstname.lastname@example.org, please note that, applications received after the closing date (Oct 25, 2016) will not be given in consideration. Only shortlisted candidates whose application meets the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Note: Please clearly indicate the vacancy announcement number in subject line of your email.
CV without Hand in Hand Job Application form will not be considered.
Lobbying for a position in HiH-Af, whether by the applicant or by any person acting on his or her behalf, shall result in the immediate disqualification of the candidate from further consideration.